AVP, Content Designer, Design Standards, Enterprise, Group Design
UX Writers create the copy that helps people use digital products. What you'll be doing
Your goal will be to create amazing content for our web and mobile apps. What do we mean by amazing? It's content that helps our users achieve the task at hand faster. If your content is good, it will become invisible. It will be so clear, succinct and helpful that our users will forget they're reading and simply focus on what they have to do. Here's how your week might look like
Here are the experience and skills we'd love you to have
- You'll spend time with product designers, researchers and business owners to understand the goals of a new feature or the re-design of an old one.
- You'll do some competitive research online.
- You'll analyse data and make data-driven content decisions.
- You'll open Sketch, go through the design flow and create your first draft.
- You'll also jot down a bunch of questions and ideas.
- Then come the emails and meetings. You'll need to keep up with and summarise the feedback from various stakeholders and follow up to make sure you get the answers you need.
- From time to time, you will run content workshops for our product owners. You will help them apply our content guidelines and content design principles to their products.
- To make sure your content sees the light of day, you'll need to do some grunt work-updating Sketch files and content management systems, participating in demos and checking staging apps.
- Don't like grunt work? Good, neither do we, so we're constantly trying to improve our tools and processes to make sure we have less of it to do. And we want you to contribute.
- This role is regional, so you'll get to work with fantastic people from all over the region.
- Stakeholders and designers will look up to you to create and drive content strategy for our consumer digital products.
- To summarise, you'll own the customer journey from a copy perspective and make sure there are no gaps in UX across all channels and touchpoints linked to the products.
- You've been writing professionally for 5+ years.
- You have UX writing experience.
- You are a confident speaker and able to communicate complex ideas clearly.
- You are passionate about language and design, and your passion inspires others.
- You have collaborated with tech teams: developers, testers, scrum masters, etc.
Your team and career
- You read tech news and dream about building your own app one day.
- You have your own blog or website.
- You actively contribute to the UX community.
This role sits within the Design Standards team, and is based in Singapore. The Design Standards team creates our design language system and defines and steers the way we design digital services at DBS. The team covers eight countries, Consumer and Corporate banking, and Middle Office Management group (internal tools).
Content design is a new discipline at DBS, and you will have a lot of opportunities to define the role UX writers play in the design process. About the design team
Hi, we are the DBS user experience design team
We create digital products that deserve to be built because they solve real problems in an impactful way with empathy. How we design
We go beyond numbers
Every dollar means something. No one actually wants money. We want what it can give us. So we acknowledge that money is not really about money. We inject emotion into our products to go from transactional to magical.
We have one profound idea
Because ambiguity is the enemy of good user experience. What is our unique value proposition? Would adding another feature dilute the idea or make it stronger? Connect with us
https://medium.com/dbs-bank-design Apply Now
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.