AVP, Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Roles and Responsibilities
- Working in tandem with our solution design & application teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions.
- Planning, designing and implementing cloud-based applications as per bank standards
- Managing cloud environments in accordance as per bank standards
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Lead and develop best practices for cloud Adoption, Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms
- Experience of developing and configuring YAML and AMI
- Setup Ci/CD and automated deployment pipelines
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master's degree a plus.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Rackspace, Docker and/or Google Cloud.
- Three to five years' experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Team player
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.