AVP, Business Analyst, Tool Specialist, Group Finance
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services. The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer. Job Purpose
DBS Group Finance as part of its endeavour to achieve greater financial transparency and accountability has embarked on an enterprise-wide strategic initiative to design and implement a "New Cost Allocation" methodology aimed to deliver optimal granularity required for strategic business and operating decision making, cost management and service level optimization. With Singapore implementation completed in the first phase, the product now needs to be optimised and enhanced for the rollouts to other DBS countries. Key Accountabilities
- Requirements well understood, documented, and translated into functional specifications with no functional gaps
- The BA group maintains a strong capability to create tools and automation to assist handling manual operations and large data sets
- In the testing phase, test data configurations are edited and created as the functional design requires
- Development team receives support for understanding the functional design during the build phase
- Establish a good working relationship with key users to understand stakeholder needs with minimal friction or delay
- Analyse collected business requirements with a special focus on the design for the tools required to analyse, extract data, test and maintain the product.
- Work in close collaboration with business counterparts, domain SME's, application owners to elicit requirements related to data analysis, extraction tools, and UAT automation.
- Develop and showcase Proof of Concepts for new functional solutions and tools, giving Pros and Cons for various options.
- Support the user acceptance testing (UAT) strategy for the finance and business teams, including query design.
- Responsible for documenting test scripts, defining UAT entry and exit criteria, and coordinating UAT in collaboration with the test manager.
- Ability to perform functional analysis of data output and identify any anomalies.
- Partner with the Finance and business SMEs to design effective processes.
Additional skills to have:
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Banking with at least 8 - 10 years' relevant experience
- Understanding of Cost Management concepts and driver-based cost allocation methodologies in the banking industry, with the ability to grasp and elicit business requirements
- Extensive experience working with technology teams doing software development is a must
- Understanding of Solution Architecture and design patterns
- Experience with Modern technology stack tools and libraries, ability to develop custom tooling, models and Proofs of Concept
- Familiar with Testing Automation concepts and tools, able to design automated test cases and features for test automation frameworks
- UI design and implementation experience to be able to create functional designs with component options that are realistic and effective to build
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Database Design, Big Data concepts and SQL and query construction skills with ability to explain to others as give guidance to other teams how to implement designs and perform testing
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Agile methodology Core Competencies
- Delivery focused and results oriented.
- Attention to detail and highly organized and able to work under pressure in a time-critical environment.
- Ability to envision a better way to do things and explain the vision, then independently take steps to make it reality.
- Not to wait for solutions, instead find alternative paths involving people in the organisation engaging in discussions and consultations.
- Ability to connect the dots.
- Respect and take interest in organisational social initiatives
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.