AVP, Borrowing Base Trade Finance, Group Technology & Ops
Posting Date: 22-Sep-2021
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
• Review new applications to ensure deal is in line with the approved structure, propose solutions to mitigate risk at transaction level
• Review terms of LCs, contracts, documents to ensure deal can be self liquidated
• Perform price reasonable check and vessel check
• Manage CMA/SMA/Bunkering and Borrowing Base accounts
• Perform mark to market of collaterals and liase with customer for additional top up where required
• Ensure sufficient collaterals and margin are in place and liase with customer for topup
• Manage and work within bank limits, counterparty limits, debtor limits
• Monitor vessel routes, vessel arrival and serve notice to disport agent where necessary
• Followup with customer to secure and ensure timeliness of receipt of source of funds and sales proceeds
• Review LC matchlist and discrepancies
• Adhere to bank's policies, guidelines, control, regulatory, AML/CFT procedures
• Ensure timely and accurate service delivery in accordance with Service Level Agreement Job Requirements
What are the Skills/Technical Ability required?
1.Sound knowledge of UCP, ISBP, URC, URR, ISP, URDG, MAS/ ABS Guidelines and experience in all areas of international trade
2.Trade Product knowledge
3.Proficient in excel & macro
What are the Attributes/Personality traits required?
1. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
2. Meticulous and strong followup skills
3. Able to work independently and strong teamwork
Work Experience Desired (No of years, industry type, function)
5-8 years of trade operations background with experience leading a team. Familiar with banking regulations and AML/CFT policies Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.