AVP - Junior Software Developer
Our client is a global investment bank and is looking for AVP - Junior Software Developer for the team to provides solutions for client onboarding and instrument data, solutions for control, reconciliation and cross product middle office, solutions for our business partners including covering transaction processing, settlements, asset servicing for equities and fixed income products. We are looking for very strong developers who would like to pursue career in technical tracks in investment banking.
- 80% of time would be concentrated in programming
- Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment.
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture.
- Work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications.
- Proven educational record in Computer Science (or relevant subjects)
- Hands-on experience in Python, Java / Scala, C# or .NET with good understanding of the language features is a must
- Good understanding of common algorithms and data structures
- Strong problem-solving and analytics skills
- Good understanding of SDLC and application of Agile Methodologies including but not limited to automated testing (such as Test-Driven Development), Code Review, Continuous Integration and Version Control Systems
- In-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk.
- In-depth knowledge of development tools and languages.
Desirable skills/ Good to have skills:
- Functional programming
- Development experience using functional programming libraries such as Scalaz, Cats, Lodash/FP or Ramda.js is a big plus.
- Experience with web technology frameworks like Angular or ReactJS
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience in Linux operating systems in server environments.
- Experience working with GIT or other version control systems.