We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Portfolio Execution Group (PEG)
The Portfolio Execution Group (PEG) comprises of teams involved in a broad range of functional roles including trading, balance sheet management, beta replication and asset rebalancing, and applied quantitative research. Global Trading Unit (GTU)
The Global Trading Unit (GTU) sits within PEG and is responsible for the implementation of GIC's investment decisions across all public markets. GTU's two main objectives are to provide specialist trading services to all GIC investment units; and to harvest and deliver differentiated market intelligence useful to the investment process.
We are looking for a suitable candidate, with a good understanding of financial instruments and markets as well as analytical and programming skills; to join the GTU team in Singapore as a Trader focusing on fixed income. Responsibilities:
- Work in partnership with portfolio management teams to manage execution risks and implement investment decisions across fixed income, foreign exchange and derivatives instruments
- Analyze themes and insights, in order to produce timely and differentiated market intelligence to stakeholders
- Build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally
- Work closely with quant analysts and technology partners to develop tools that will enhance trading outcomes and optimize transaction costs
- Preferably 4-8yr of relevant trading experience in Asian financial markets. Candidates with more experience will also be considered
- Advanced user of Order Management and Execution Management Systems, and other electronic trading platforms
- Familiar with programming languages like R, Python and SQL
- Comfortable working with large datasets and has ability to visualize and gain actionable insights from raw data
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven, attentive to details and team oriented. Able to work within an institutional setup and across different teams to deliver results