AVP/VP, Sustainability Research & Strategy
As a sustainability analyst within Global Treasury Research & Strategy, you will be tasked to drive Treasury Research & Strategy's Sustainability Research plan through the authoring of periodic and ad-hoc ESG related research that identifies key trends in the ESG space to:
- Educate Global Treasury on the latest regulatory and sector developments that can impact the bank's business;
- Enhance loyalty with Global Treasury clients through engaging, timely and relevant thought leadership;
- Identify investment strategies for Global Treasury and its clients within the ESG space; and
- Co-ordinate with ESG specialists within OCBC to implement the bank's sustainability framework that aligns with the global sustainable development agenda and includes five strategic pillars and 15 material ESG factors to create positive social and environmental impact.
As this is a research based role, candidates without a finance background but a ESG related background will also be considered. That said, the candidate should also understand the important and amplifying role that financial services play in meeting the United Nation's 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications Education Qualification:
- Establish a research outreach plan in co-ordination with various research teams within Global Treasury Research & Strategy (macro, strategy and credit).
- Authoring relevant thought leadership pieces to enhance the bank's outreach and profile in the ESG space.
- Through 1. And 2., identifying key areas of investment opportunities and strategies within the ESG space.
- Participation in and sourcing of external research and expertise for continuous professional development and that of the team
- Ongoing dialogue with internal ESG specialists to co-ordinate Global Treasury's initiatives with that of the wider group
- Bachelor's degree in a finance-related (economics, banking and finance) field; or
- Bachelor's degree in a ESG-related (environmental health sciences, marine science, sustainable agriculture for example) field; or
- A combination of the above together with either a complimentary postgraduate degree or professional qualification or certificate in either finance or sustainability would be a plus for the applicant.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in a finance or sustainability related role would be ideal.
- Confidence and interest in the field of sustainability and ESG as well as financial markets.
- Strong research and writing skills - in particular a high inquisitiveness and a desire to educate would be positive
- Solid presentation skills
- Attention to detail and strong discipline to deliver high quality outreach in a timely manner.
- The ability to balance leadership and independence/autonomy with collaboration and participation in a small team environment.