We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Technology Group (TG) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance GIC's ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
This is an opportunity to join GIC as an AVP/VP, Senior Business Analyst, Risk & Performance Solutions. You will be the key contact and technology partner with Risk & Performance Management Department and provide solutions through effective use of technology. This role will be part of an integrated team that provides technology and data solutions for investment risk and counterparty credit risk management activities. Responsibilities
- Build and support the systems critical to risk computation and management.
- Support Business Lead or Product Owner to facilitate and elicit requirements from business stakeholders for the purpose of producing Business Requirements Document (BRD) or User Stories.
- Lead discussions, analyze & conceptualize IT solutions that meet business requirements.
- Validate IT solutions with engineering and architecture teams, and ensure specifications are properly understood by rest of project delivery team.
- Present IT solution to business and IT stakeholders to explain how the solution addresses their business requirements.
- During project execution phase prepare Functional Specifications Document (FSD), along with delivery of Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Support project team during the execution phase of the project for any queries pertaining to the FSD or BRD or User Stories. Where necessary, re-engage business SMEs to revise requirements and/or for the acceptance of alternative solutions, due to design or implementation constraints encountered.
- Support Quality Assurance team to define the test strategy and approach and provide clarifications to queries during the testing phase, to both the Quality Assurance team and Business Testers during testing phases.
- Prepare training plans and user manuals; and conduct trainings to users before system launch and provide close support to system users in the adoption of the new system.
- With strong collaborative mind-set, work across facets of the business across Front, Middle, and Back Office, the extended Technology team in GIC as well as industry peers and partners.
- Work alongside an experienced team of professionals and contribute.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 5 years' relevant experience in technology business analysis or software development, familiar with business applications in investment/banking industries.
- Applicants with qualification such as MFE / MQF / FRM, or experience in risk management systems such as Murex / MSCI / Numerix / FIS would have an advantage.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, with strong ability to manage and align expectations of senior level business stakeholders across different business units to accept solutions proposed by project team.
- Possesses strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving skills and a team player who has growth mindset and confident to work independently.
- Experience in the documentation of BRD, FSD, use cases, visual modeling and business processes.
- Experience with ETL process, SQL & API.
- Experience in Project Management and Agile Methodology skills with strong delivery mindset.
- Good understanding of financial application, workflow, UI/UX, database design and software engineering best practices.