We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Technology Group (TG) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance GIC's ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
GIC Labs is GIC's in-house innovation lab which seeks to value-add to GIC's investment making process and enhance organizational capabilities, through leveraging state-of-the-art technologies and via collaboration with partners. GIC Labs also serves as the internal hub of specialist knowledge in technology and technology-led disruptions.
GIC Labs provides a safe-to-fail environment to accelerate the adoption of innovative technologies and incubation of new ideas to digitally transform GIC. The Labs leverages novel technology to augment the investment decision-making process and improve organizational productivity. Focus of current projects include the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and data science algorithms.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join GIC Labs as AVP/VP, Senior/Lead Software Developer (Full-stack). Responsibilities:
- Act as an engineering lead / technical advisor for business and as an individual contributor.
- Research, learn and experiment with novel technologies in the fields of AI and NLP.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and improve software by applying software engineering best practices.
- Previous experience in designing and developing multi-tier architectures.
- Familiar with at least 2-3 different programming languages (Python, Java, Ruby, etc.) and frameworks.
- Experience in developing web or mobile applications from discovery phase to rollout.
- Good understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery patterns and practices.
- Experience working with any of the public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Interest and ability to constantly learn about new technologies, frameworks and tools.
- Knowledge of AI and Data Science (Machine Learning and NLP) techniques is an added advantage
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or any technical major.