AVP/VP Network and Firewall Admin, GTO
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 19 Jan 18
AVP/VP Network and Firewall Admin, GTOResponsibilities
- Responsible for managing Enterprise LAN and Regional WAN network infrastructure. As part of the role, the candidate will be involved in new technology evaluation, conduct feasibility study, design network architecture, present proposed solution, undertake infrastructure project management, network capacity management and provide regional network support. The candidate must be able to systematically configure, optimize, analyze and diagnose network/firewall components and telecommunication links.
- On 24 x 7 operational standby and need to travel overseas for regional network support when required
Experience / Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or relevant qualifications.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years' relevant working experience in networking platform.
- Strong leadership qualities, highly organized, process-focused aptitude, influential and a strategic thinker with the ability to drive technology initiatives.
- Strong analytical, meticulous and technical competencies in management of Routers, Switches, Firewalls, VPN appliance, proxy, authentication servers, load balancers etc.
- Familiar with Cisco networking, unified messaging, mobile devices technology, wireless, remote access, cloud computing, Software defined network and network security.
- Good working knowledge of network routing protocol (BGP, OSPF), MPLS, VOIP, DNS etc.
- Eager to learn new skills / technology and keep abreast with industry trends and best practices
- Good Interpersonal skills, self-motivated, service oriented attitude, able to work effectively with cross-functional teams and under minimum supervision
- Ability to articulate, possess strong written, documentation and communication skills.
- Network/firewall certifications will be an advantage.