As an active owner investor seeking to create a better, smarter, and more sustainable world, the aim is to build a forward-looking and resilient global portfolio that delivers sustainable returns over the long term. The company seeks to deploy capital to catalyse solutions that can enable the transition to a low-carbon economy, and with a keen emphasis on investments in innovation, the firm has a track record of leading breakout growth investments.
Co-operating with the investment origination and execution teams the VP will:
- lead investment reviews to support intrinsic value test and align with risk return appetite;
- identify key assumptions, valuation and risk drivers, and stress-test financial models;
- independently form a view on the reasonability of key assumptions in financial forecasts and overall investment thesis;
- provide a comprehensive risk assessment through a review of non-model drivers, due diligence findings, and ESG issues;
- form a well-reasoned view on structural aspects of proposed transactions, especially from a risk/mitigation perspective.
What we can offer you includes:
- successful investment platform demonstrating 5x growth in net portfolio value and 10% total shareholder return across the last 20 years;
- exposure to some of the most innovative ventures shaping future economies, as well as established market leaders;
- opportunity to learn and grow alongside some of the brightest minds, empowered to offer diverse perspectives and skillsets;
- a meritocratic culture emphasising trust, teamwork, respect, and integrity in the pursuit of excellence
- stable team with low turnover, offering a sustainable long term career.
There are a few essentials we are seeking:
- significant experience building complex, integrated financial valuation models from the ground up;
- mastery of financial modelling with detailed understanding of valuation methodologies, including complex DCF and LBO models;
- able to quickly grasp and understand business dynamics, risk and value drivers of target companies across all industries and geographies;
- significant experience in PE/M&A transaction execution, or in a transaction approval and evaluation role;
- maturity and diplomatic influencing skills to partner with a wide spectrum of colleagues across the organisation, including origination and execution teams;
- confident and strong communication skills, able to structure, discuss and present complex issues to senior management, investment committees, ExCo and Board.