We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing.
Data Solutions is responsible to provide best-in-class data stewardship on asset level data and drive data governance standards in collaboration with business and enterprise stakeholders. Partnering with colleagues from investment, technology and investment services groups, it leads the transformational sourcing, designing, build and use of the next generation of data management capabilities and infrastructure for GIC's Private Market business.
We are hiring an AVP/VP, Data Solutions, this role will play a pivotal part to take private market data solutions to the next level through use of latest data and technology, and establishment of high data governance standards. Responsibilities
- You will play a key role in structuring and driving implementation of new data solution projects, to ensure robust delivery of data solutions for private market investments.
- Involve in major data projects at enterprise level, engaging with business to drive quality discussions to achieve data strategy objectives.
- Provide thought leadership on data management standard methodologies to meet the objectives of ensuring high standards of data governance.
- Striving on high standards of data quality and governance, design, develop and implement sustainable processes and controls to meet these standards.
- Reviewing existing processes, implementing improvements and minimizing manual efforts to achieve great outcomes in data quality and productivity.
- Identify roadblocks in achieving data quality, investigating for root causes, solutions designing and resolution tracking.
- At least 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in data solutioning and management, familiar in project management and process re-engineering.
- With Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accountancy or equivalent.
- Possess strong interests and passion for data governance and management.
- Knowledge of data management best practices, ability to plan data roadmaps, anticipate potential roadblocks in attaining data quality and propose solutions to mitigate data risks.
- Ability to engage with business, gather requirements on business needs and translating them into data solutions.
- Equipped with experience in process improvement and re-engineering.
- Strong communication and people engagement skills to interact internally within team and externally across functions to design and develop solutions.
- Self-driven, pro-active and great sense of purpose to relook on existing data usage and implement innovation to strive for greater quality and efficiency of data solutions.
- Exposure to financial services industries, specifically private markets is a huge bonus.