We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Data Strategies Group
The Data Strategies Group (DSG) is the Centre of Excellence for data in GIC. Its purpose is to govern, manage and provide quality data for investment analysis and management decisions. As the data COE, it manages the data architecture platforms, sets the governance standards and provides the best practices advisory to users and application teams.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our as an AVP/VP, Data Governance. Responsibilities
- Partner with senior management team, business leaders and technology department to develop and drive an enterprise-wide Data Governance strategy, operationalize the data management policies, practices and standards
- Be a strong liaison between Business and Technology to ensure that business data related requirements are clearly defined, communicated and considered as part of initiative prioritization and planning
- Develop and maintain GIC's data management policies and standards to ensure that they are relevant and up to date to meet GIC's strategic objectives and business needs
- Establish enterprise-wide content tagging and metadata policies, standards, processes
- Be part of an interdisciplinary team that develop information asset classification and search capabilities, such as building the word net and concept map to facilitate the training of the machine learning classification models
- Provide advisory in assessing data related risk and evaluate the effectiveness of risk controls
- A Bachelor's degree with minimum 5 years of relevant experience in data governance or data management.
- Strong change management skills and/or experience in managing organization transformation programs
- Knowledge of leading data governance trends and practices within the financial industry, approaches to data quality and business-technology issues related to the management of enterprise information assets
- An understanding or experience in text processing and analytics will be advantageous
- Detail oriented and analytical, with good project management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to manage different levels of stakeholders across the organization and navigate through conflicts and differences competently and with ease