AVP/VP, Carbon Trader/Analyst, Global Treasury Trading
is the longest established Singapore bank, formed in 1932 from the merger of three local banks, the oldest of which was founded in 1912. It is now the second largest financial services group in Southeast Asia by assets and one of the world's most highly-rated banks, with an Aa1 rating from Moody's. Recognised for its financial strength and stability, OCBC Bank is consistently ranked among the World's Top 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance and has been named Best Managed Bank in Singapore by The Asian Banker. Division Description
Global Treasury (GT) aims to be the centre of excellence for Asian financial products. Our market dominance is demonstrated by the numerous accolades we have received for product innovation and customer recognition.
Global Treasury covers four key functions:
We are looking for a Carbon Trader/Analyst for the newly set-up Emissions Trading desk. Key Responsibilities:
- Treasury Advisory and Institutional Sales to customers across Asia including corporations, financial institutions, high net worth individuals and retail markets.
- Asset Liability Management to manage FX and IR risks arising from balance sheet activities and provide analytics on liquidity and funding management with the aim to optimise returns on a risk adjusted basis. The business also enhances management of the Bank's balance sheet with active reserve portfolio management and credit investment portfolio management.
- Trading provides competitive pricing and market making to customers and interbank players across FX, fixed income, interest rates, equity and credit derivatives.
- Business Management creates infrastructure and processes to support business growth, with a focus on intra-division risk and compliance management to ensure proper prudent controls.
*LI- AW Qualifications The ideal Candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Develop the business infrastructure for Compliance and Voluntary Carbon Trading within Global Treasury, working with various internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze projects, balancing commercial interests with risk considerations
- Work across divisions, regions, and business functions to provide solutioning and product offerings for our clients
- Establish trading relationships with counterparties
- Degree qualifications
- Entrepreneurial, commercial- minded, meticulous, adaptable, keen learner
- 3-8 years Trading/Analyst experience in Compliance/Voluntary Carbon Offsets
- Demonstrated track record with an in-depth understanding of the Emissions market
- Relevant experience in other Commodities and Emissions products will also be considered
At OCBC, we recognise your drive, passion and talent. We will bring out the best in you and empower you to excel. Fulfil your life goals and career ambitions with us.
*We regret that only shortlisted Candidates will be notified.