AVP/Senior Associate, Group Financial Planning & Analytics, Group Finance
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 14 Dec 17 2017-12-14
See job description for details
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions – whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
- Ensure timely reporting & analysis of Group daily balance sheet/P&L financials to senior management.
- Lead preparation of monthly analysis of Group balance sheet financials. This includes reviewing balance sheet and non-financial data/trends to provide in-depth analysis and insights into Group performance.
- Drive development of data analytics and visualisation for Group performance management:
- Design and construct analytical dashboards, utilising BI/analytic tools.
- Define user specifications and data attributes required.
- Close collaboration with stakeholder teams to drive issue resolution and delivery of project.
- Presentation of project updates and deliverables to senior management.
- Steer standardisation and alignment of Group reporting views:
- Support testing and implementation of reporting tree changes.
- Partner Finance reporting teams to standardise Group methodology.
- Reconciliation of external and internal reporting views.
- Partner stakeholder teams to ensure timely and accurate provision of business information for presentations to senior management.
- Participate in cross functional projects & team initiatives to improve, streamline and automate Finance processes/systems.
- Facilitate ad-hoc requests for financial data, etc.
- Degree in Accountancy or Finance. Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CA, CFA) is a plus.
- 6 to 10 years’ experience in FP&A in banks/financial institutions; or banking audit in Big 4.
- Hands-on experience with BI and data analytic/visualisation tools is advantageous.
- Experience in project/change management is an added advantage.
- Conversant in MS Excel & Powerpoint applications.
- Comfortable with managing and analysing voluminous data.
- Ability to think creatively; enthusiastic and tenacious about finding solutions to challenging problems.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and foster effective teamwork.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.