AVP/Senior Associate, Development Engineer, Consumer Banking Technology, Technology & Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 24 Feb 18 2018-02-24
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- To lead as Subject Matter Expert in self-service banking application domains.
- Support application portfolios of self-service banking team.
- To be a single point of contact for business units and vendors/service providers to deliver initiatives and enhancement for the self-service banking platforms.
- To ensure successful delivery of said initiatives and enhancements.
- To ensure a successful partnership with relevant Business Units and vendors.
- To ensure the smooth operations of application platform after rollout.
- The new hire will support a portfolio of applications in the Consumer Banking Technologyâ€™s self-service banking space with the following key responsibilities:
- Liaise with Business Unit on changes - from conceptualization to implementation.
- To be single point of contact for all relevant stakeholders.
- Plan and coordinate change deliverables, using â€Waterfallâ€ and/or Agile approaches
- Liaise with vendors for delivery
- Work with other platformsâ€™ Subject Matter Experts to provide solutions, efforts sizing and functional and design specifications for business initiatives
- Provide necessary deliverables, not limited to Statement of Work and Functional Specifications
- Review vendorsâ€™ deliverables for correctness and completeness
- Work with relevant control units for project governance
- Serve as liaison between Business Unit and delivery team
- Support Group Audit on their involvement in initiatives
- Present project status and issues to sponsors and stakeholders as required
- Participate in system design reviews.
- Ensure the smooth operational rollout of initiatives to customers and handover to operations teams.
- Provide L3 support and assist problem investigations, and work with necessary parties to ensure timely resolution to production issues.
- Periodically review application capacity and propose system performance tuning solutions.
- Experience in managing project implementations and relevant project experience in a banking environment is an advantage.
- Previous vendor management experience is necessary.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in teams and manage multiple enhancements at the same time.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Experience in self-service banking platforms highly preferred, such as card management, ATM switching, high volume transaction processing.
- Experience the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), such as applications analysis, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Previous background in mainframe application enhancements and deliveries is required. Experience in mainframe application migration is highly advantageous.
- Ability to understand and review legacy codes (such as HLASM or COBOL) and next-gen languages (such as Java, Python) is highly preferred.
- Able to translate business requirements into technical write ups succinctly.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.