AVP/Senior Associate, Analytics, Capital Management, Corporate Treasury, Group Finance
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services. The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer. Job Purpose This role is in the Capital Management team which supports the CFO and Corporate Treasurer in the development and execution of initiatives and strategies to manage DBS's capital as a strategic resource from both consolidated and entity perspectives. Capital management involves balancing capital demand from credit, market and operational risks across various businesses with capital supply comprising shareholders' funds and subordinated financial instruments raised from investors. This role focuses on developing advanced enablers and analytics capability involving big data sets in the capital demand space, to ensure efficient utilisation of capital and support data-driven decisioning. Additionally, this role may involve assisting with advising the Board and Senior Management on Group capital strategy and structure, the preparation of detailed group-level capital plans, analysing and simulating the impact of regulatory capital rules on business strategy. Responsibilities
- Provide analytical insights into capital demand (i.e. risk weighted assets ('RWA')) and return on capital based on transactional-level data
- Identify areas where data analysis could reveal hidden value to answer questions and discover new insights to make data-driven decisions
- Collaborate with the Technology team to build analytical tools covering pre-deal and post-deal to guide business towards capital efficient choices when prospecting for new deals and identifying opportunities for capital optimisation post deal
- Construct peer bank benchmarking / analytics on capital efficiency using publicly available disclosures
- Automate and streamline processes for capital projections, forecasting and simulation to support timely capital-related decisioning
- Assist with the annual Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process and ongoing capital planning to ensure the bank maintains a robust capital position.
- Structure large data sets by applying standard data modelling and basic statistical methods
- Experience in managing and manipulating large and complex datasets
- Familiarity with big data eco-system (Python, columnar data-storage, S3, Cloudera, Hadoop, JSON) will be looked upon favourably
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in the banking sector.
- Experience in analytics / big data would be an advantage
- Experience in business control / business treasury / capital optimisation / data analytics and / or bank corporate centre would be an advantage
- Minimum - University degree in Business, Economics or Finance. Open to other disciplines (e.g. Engineering) if have relevant experience in banking industry.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.â€<