AVP/MGR, Hedge Funds Investment Analyst, UOB Alternative Investment Management
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 23 Nov 17
AVP/MGR, Hedge Funds Investment Analyst, UOB Alternative Investment ManagementUOBAIM is a growing alternative investment management firm with an Asian investment focus servicing a wide-range of global clients both institutional and individual.
As part of our business expansion, we are looking to hire a hedge funds investment analyst (IA). The IA will be an integral part of the UOBAIM Asian hedge funds investment team with primary responsibility for sourcing, due diligence and monitoring of hedge fund investments.
As a secondary function, the IA is expected to produce client-ready research reports. The reports will be used for both internal investment analysis and external client communication. The research reports will cover a wide range of topics including: macroeconomic trends, market and industry analysis and investment themes.
- A good degree in an analytical discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in the investment industry is required and experience in due diligence of Asian hedge fund investments will be an advantage. Applicants with consulting experience will also be considered.
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken) in English and Mandarin. A working knowledge of Japanese would be an advantage as you may be handling Mandarin & Japanese speaking markets.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills.
- A self-directed learner who can formulate and articulate independent opinions. Initiative and critical reasoning are vital.
- A genuine demonstrated interest in investing.
- A motivated team player.
- The ability to conceive and produce client-ready research reports within deadlines.
- The willingness to travel on short notice.