API Product Manager – Cross Border Portfolio
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- The role would be suited to a candidate experienced as an Agile Product Owner and from background in FX, Payments and API Product Management in a B2B or B2C industry.
- The candidate will develop a profound understanding of the value of API connectivity for clients and its fit with other trends in open banking, driving these industry-changing capabilities across the business and with clients, especially focussed on cross border payments.
- Working with both a strategic and a tactical focus, the suitable candidate will be responsible for delivery of a significant investment in enhancing our clients' digital experience. As product owner, the candidate will determine priorities, manage deliveries and achieve agreed client outcomes.
- Engagement across the global organisation and with senior leaders will be a core part of the role to champion API Banking, and to drive digital adoption and innovation through the bank.
- The role requires close partnership with Cash, Trade and Security Services Product organisation to deliver for clients. Other key stakeholders include global Sales and Implementation teams, Technology, and risk owners such as legal and compliance.
- The candidate should have a good understanding of a cross-border, FX and payments ecosystem to be able to proactively identify product and process improvement opportunities to bring value to clients.
- The role will leverage existing and explore innovation in payments, collections and mobile technology to deliver cross border and domestic electronic solutions to corporate clients and their suppliers, buyers and consumers in the ecosystem.
- This role reports to the Global Head of API, Platforms and Partnership Access.
- Build an API strategy & roadmap for Cross-border FX and payments portfolio that will position Standard Chartered as leading in this field
- Manage Cross-border FX platform roadmap and build client pipeline against it.
- Able to proactively identify and express client needs related to APIs or connectivity.
- Set priorities and communicate them effectively to stakeholders.
- Meet with clients regularly to understand their needs, and assist sales with pitch preparation and presentations.
- Continuously evaluate the bank's digital capabilities to identify and prioritise opportunities to grow volumes and revenue.
- Responsible for marketing messaging, client solution use cases and testimonials.
- Organisational readiness for new service rollout including training, process guides and securing necessary stakeholder approvals.
- Launch key enhancements, including post implementation tracking of anticipated benefits.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis, management reporting.
- Contribute to industry forums representing the Bank professionally and effectively.
- Managing risks and regulatory issues associated with flows in digital platforms.
- Product capabilities information to be kept up-to-date and professionally documented for both internal and external audience, thus ensuring the available features and services are correctly commercialised.
- Engage, negotiate, onboard and integrate third party platforms.
- Contribute with expertise to various team and Bank change initiatives.
- Degree or equivalent.
- At least 5-10 years' experience and FX and API product management expertise
- Strong stakeholder management and inter-personal skills to actively engage with cross-cultural teams across the globe.
- Proven track record in building professional relationships across and outside a complex matrixed organisation.
- Understanding of digital channels, mobile technology including the features / benefits of the products and services offered, and how those features benefit customer
- Prior experience and training in agile development methodology is essential.
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity, managing through change and making decisions.
- Experienced in conceptualising and articulating sustainable and cost-efficient business solutions. Analytical, critical, and creative problem-solving skills with an in-depth understanding of utilizing digital solutions to meet business goals in better ways.
- Effective and persuasive communication in English with experience in presenting to clients, delivering training courses, co-creation sessions, and to senior stakeholders.
- Able to produce quality documentation which may include management reporting, client-facing materials and business requirements requiring attention to detail and ability to articulate without ambiguity.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.