API Governance Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Understanding of API Platforms, Partnerships, Open Banking framework, 3 rd Party API's compliance, Technology standards, Security controls & Governance Framework. Revisit the existing framework and come up with new governance model for all the external offered API's.
- Understanding of Bank's API Delivery channels across CCIB & CPBB including Open Banking, API Banking, Mobile Banking and Online Banking. Streamline the overall API Governance framework on how the API is getting deployed in the production estate adhering to the banks SDF process
People and Talent
- This is a process driven role which focus right from development till deployment and ensure every stage of the API lifecycle is 100% compliant to the bank standards and aligning with the API Governance Framework.
Ideal candidate should be process savvy and should have technical depth to understand the API ecosystem.
- Someone who have worked in API or Tech audit space would be a value add.
- Work with domain architects, SRE, PSS, Operation, Security, Compliance & Business teams to collate all the required data as per the AGC TOR for a monthly AGC council and present to Senior Stakeholders in the Bank.
- This is the one of the most visible API forum in the bank and all the senior stakeholders are part of this AGC
- Individual should be risk aware since risk coverage and mitigation is one of the main requirements for API Governance. How do we rank the API's from the risk perspective and how to implement controls to ensure the risk is fully covered for any external offered API's
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- API Governance should be the strength of the individual and should understand every nuance of the API Ecosystem. Understand REST Framework, Open API specification 3.0, Monitoring, Code Security Review, Pen & Performance testing reports validation with respective to the attestation process. Should be in a position to challenge the teams which submit incomplete artefacts for the attestation.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Senior Stakeholder across T&I and Business Functions
- 10+ years of development experience implementing API, Restful services, Containers implementation.
- 5+ years of Technology Risk & Governance process experience.
- In depth understanding of Cloud Ecosystem, API Provider & Consumer user journey along with Technical Implementation.
- Technical Competencies:
- API Management Platforms & Integration
- API Security - OAuth, OpenID Connect, Identity & Access Management, Finance Grade API & Open Banking
- Kubernetes & Cloud (AWS)
- DevOps/CICD Pipelines & Automation
- Technology Audit & Risk Governance
- API Governance & Strategy
- Open Banking Framework
- Cyber Security & Testing Framework
- Code Scanning Tools
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.