API Delivery Lead, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
The DBS Core Banking team is looking for a senior-level hands-on software engineer lead to join the team.
In this role, you will be working with a scrum masters and engineering leads across projects to deliver reliable and scalable API and events - based architecture.
You will bring in industry standard API design, API delivery and API lifecycle management best practices and ensure the adaption of the same by core banking API delivery team. You will participate in end-to-end design, development, and delivery, as well as level 2/3 support. You will be required to solve real business problems via market-leading, innovative, and practical solutions.
You will possess excellent hands-on technical skills in Java along with a holistic approach to problem-solving and an advanced level of communication skills.
You will be required to prepare and provide management updates on API lifecycle management standard, delivery status and other updates sought by management. Requirements
• Manage team to delivery microservice based APIs and event driven architecture, on time, and on budget.
• A solid understanding of modern methodologies in large-scale API delivery, agile / test-driven development, DevOps, SRE and related trends
• Inquisitive nature and demonstrated experience communicating value, progress, metrics, and methods to technical and non-technical stakeholders at various levels.
• Excellent teamwork, problem-solving, and documentation skills
• Implement/Improve processes to ensure high standard and quality delivery
• A good understanding of API Governance and lifecycle management techniques.
• Ensure best practices are adopted at both development as well as at delivery of API
• A keen follower of trends in automation of tasks in every step of API lifecycle
• Experienced building microservices using Java and modern frameworks
• Hands on experience building and consuming APIs at scale;
o REST is a must
o RPC is useful
• Experience with Cloud-based infrastructure like Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or OpenShift is desirable
• Experience in working with SQL and NoSQL databases such as: Postgres, MongoDB and any other similar technologies
• Experienced in working with cache databases like Redis or similar technologies
• Experience with messaging stacks
o Kafka, Redis stream and/or similar event streaming technology is highly desirable
o MQ / JMS is desirable
• Experience with databases
o RDBMS is a must
o No-SQL is highly desirable
• Comfortable working in Linux environment (bash scripting, and other tools) Apply Now
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements