APCO Transaction Mgmt - Assoc
- Not Specified
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Feb 18 2018-02-24
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Functional Title: APCO Associate
We are looking to hire an Associate for our Asian private credit team. The Asian private credit team manages the Asia-Pacific Private Credit Opportunities Fund which provides mid-market companies with senior and subordinated financing for acquisitions, capital growth, restructuring, real estate financing and liquidity situations.
Based in Singapore the hire will work closely with senior members of the investment team to source, research, execute and monitor private debt investment opportunities in Asia.
The role will entail the following:
* Conduct independent fundamental credit analysis and due diligence, including the financial modelling of investment opportunities
* Interact with management teams, industry sources, and other investment professionals to prepare detailed credit analysis
* Partner with senior deal analysts in the investment evaluation process including attendance at management presentations, review of due diligence reports, and preparation of internal investment proposals
* Work closely with senior members of the team to review transaction legal documentation and liaise with internal and external legal advisers
* Ongoing monitoring of portfolio investments including waivers and amendments, contributing to the quarterly fund valuation process and reporting to investors
* Involvement in providing portfolio reports and analytics for internal and external use
* Assist with internal credit processes including: updating the deal pipeline, managing the agenda and minutes of the investment committee
* Partner with Portfolio Managers and internal teams to ensure efficient cash management for closing and coupon distribution
* Assist with borrower KYC, deal closing and fund reporting.
Skills, experience and education:
* Excellent credit skills demonstrated through prior relevant experience (2 to 5 years) underwriting, structuring and executing direct lending/private debt/private equity and/or leveraged finance transactions
* Ability to contribute to negotiations and the structuring of a transactions
* Strong financial modelling and legal documentation skills
* Motivated team player and flexible in approach with ability to work independently
* Open-minded thought process and intellectual honesty with an ability to dynamically adapt to different parts of the credit spectrum in structuring the best possible risk-return outcome for our investments
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills – presents ideas in a clear, concise and constructive manner
* Excellent academic background
* Must be fluent in English and fluency in Mandarin Chinese language preferred
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.