BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
The APAC Network Operation Team is responsible for the day-to-day network support of regional Network platforms. The Network Operation manager will be responsible for all aspects of network operations within the APAC region, including but not limited to: LAN, MAN, WAN, wired and wireless network, firewalls, load balancers etc. Responsibilities Direct Responsibilities
- Lead the team of APAC Network Operation engineers, responsible for day-to-day network infrastructure support across 13 countries in APAC, including Start-of-Day checks, network incident management, scheduled network changes etc
- Responsible for managing the network infrastructure effort related to power shutdowns in data centres and technical rooms, regular Network Maintenance events, Disaster Recovery and Network Isolation exercises and any other activities affecting the operation of the network infrastructure
- Ensure effective and efficient operation of network infrastructure, ensure all network systems comply to the Bank's standards, operational and security policies and procedures
- Manage regional budget for the support and maintenance of the network infrastructure (including voice) ensuring aggressive negotiations, cost-effective solutions and management of the IT spend.
- Develop and lead a regional team (across Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan), covering L1-L2 network support
- Must ensure staffing is adequate for both onsite and on-call support and fully competent through recruitment, training and mentoring
- Manage the relationship with major ITP, AppDev and business stakeholders.
- Drive network incidents and ensure timely and comprehensive reporting to stakeholders whenever network incidents occur, timely escalation to management.
- Must build a strong relationship with our internal customers in APAC and with vendors. Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Advanced knowledge of network design, implementation and support activities
- Practical experience in deploying network and security equipment, such as Cisco routers, switches, wireless infrastructure, firewalls and load balancers, TACAS/ISE
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IP multicast, QoS with strong deployment and troubleshooting experience
- Familiar with network monitoring protocols (SNMP and Syslog) and tools such as: Netflow, Solarwinds, Spectrum, Wireshark
- Proficiency in managing Checkpoint, Fortigate and Juniper firewalls
- Familiarity with Market Access across Asia Pacific, and ability to utilize network knowledge and experience to improve network infrastructure performance
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework
- Manage regional budget for the support and maintenance of the network infrastructure area (including voice)
- Build strong morale and fostering a positive work environment by conducting meaningful performance reviews, identify and facilitate career development within the team
- Good team and relationship builder with excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent documentation skills Experience and Qualifications required
- 10+ years of experience in Network services, with minimum 7 years in finance industry
- 5+ years of experience as Network Architect with focus on network related components ie. Cisco, Checkpoint, F5 etc
- Expertise in connectivity and HFT network infrastructure design, implementation and support (CCIE is a strong 'plus')
- Expertise in Firewall implementation and support (Checkpoint certification is a strong "plus")
- Experience with Equity and high-frequency trading (HFT) infrastructure is preferred
- Client-oriented, strong communication and organization skills, ability to influence their peers
- Expertise in PMI methodology
- Self-driven and able to motivate the team to excel
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Fluency in English (French and Cantonese/Mandarin are a 'plus')