As a Barclays Margin Service Analyst, you will join a team that is business and risk aligned and functionally responsible for managing Barclays’ collateral, exposure, valuations and regulatory margin commitments across a range of products to help minimize credit, market and reputational risks. You will be focusing on developing best practice to meet industry and client demand, driving compliance with the growing market and regulatory requirements, and building a scalable Enterprise framework.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Contributing to the build-out of an enterprise Collateral, Margin and Valuations service appropriate to the new and emerging regulatory landscape
- Supporting the successful integration of regulatory change – e.g., Structural Reform, FINRA 4210, un-cleared Swap Margin
- Maintaining a focus on risk management and process improvement
- Having proactive partnerships with key stakeholders across infrastructure teams
- Staying abreast of market, industry and regulatory changes
- Supporting the wider Middle Office and/ or Operations business as required
- Providing support to wider Barclays citizenship, community and diversity initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in business-facing functions with knowledge of execution, control and risk
- Ability to design, reengineer and/ or future proof critical processes and capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills including stakeholder management, communication, teamwork and partnership
- Proven financial services experience with prior experience in Collateral, Middle Office, Finance, Capital, Risk and/ or Optimization functions preferable
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Self-motivation and ability to operate independently with a proactive and positive attitude and desire to make a difference
- High level understanding of the trade lifecycle and the functions across Operations and Markets groups
- Confidence and desire to build knowledge across a wide range of disciplines
Where will you be working?
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a “city in a garden”. Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you’re just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.