APAC Data Center and User Building Manager
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The mission of Core Engineering is to provide the foundation for our global front-to-back businesses by providing and managing services and platforms that improve the lives of engineers, foster innovation, increase operating efficiency and enhance resiliency.
This opportunity is to join the Global Data Center and User Building Engineering Team as Manager of the Asia Pacific region. The team is responsible for all data center, colocation and user building equipment and technology rooms driving global standards and implementing of new projects across this space. This role will work closely across other Foundational Infrastructure teams such as Networks, Storage and Compute as well as partner closely with the Real Estate team on building strategy and projects. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How you will fulfill your potential:
- Candidate will lead the technology team responsible for the engineering, design, and build for colocation sites and user building equipment and technology rooms across APAC This includes design, infrastructure cabling, documentation and implementation
- Manage relationships between various infrastructure teams and application development to understand forward capacity requirements and impact on colocations
- Liaison with Corporate Workplace Solutions Real Estate team on all APAC building projects and managing the team to deliver these projects
- Management and overseeing of colocation site searches and selection including gathering requirements, managing RFPs and contract negotiations.
- Management of teams across APAC and vendors responsible for all 24x7 and on-call operations in the data center including receiving, device installs and decommissions, moves and changes, troubleshooting, etc.
- Work closely with Office of Global Security and Internal Audit on all regulatory requirements and access control management.
- Management of asset lifecycle including Media Destruction
- Work with the Global Data Center team to set standards and procedures
Skill and Experience we are looking for:
- Ability to manage an extensive portfolio of projects across the region
- Infrastructure Background
- Experience in APAC data center markets
- Strong vendor management experience
- Leading and managing a team of high-performing individual contributors and their on-going talent development across Asia
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Enterprise level experience in managing large-scale and complex projects/programs
- Strong problem solving skills analytical capabilities, data analysis and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication with an aptitude to communicate technical issues to non-technical and technical audiences
- At least three years' experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce
- College or university degree in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering, computer science, telecommunications
- At least five years' enterprise level experience managing physical operations in an IT and /or Critical environment infrastructure
- Experience and knowledge of cabling best practices
- Experience working in APAC financial institutions
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity