APAC Control - Privacy Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The Consultant will report to the Operational Risk leader within the APAC Regional Business Control team within the International Control organization. The purpose of the International Control team is t o identify, assess and mitigate risks across Financial Crimes, Regulatory and Operational Risk types. We achieve this by coordinating with businesses operating internationally, while adhering to policies established by Independent Risk Management (IRM).
This position will be accountable for the front line control responsibilities related to the APAC Privacy Program. This position will execute the programs in cooperation with LOBs and Enterprise Functions in APAC. This position will partner with Independent Risk Management for definition of requirements and Wholesale Control for alignment of the control function program. The Operational Risk team owns and manages several risk management programmes in the region including business continuity management, payments, fraud, records, end-user computing, etc. As part of the team, this team member is expected to drive and/or support activities related to the programmes.
This team member must be capable of initiating action and managing change in a fast paced environment under regulatory scrutiny and heightened expectations. It requires a team member with strong relationship management, stakeholder management, influencing, vision and execution skills. Specific Responsibilities:
- APAC Privacy Programme Development and Management
- Develop and maintain regional specific procedures, framework, tools and other mechanisms as needed
- Keep updated and connected with privacy developments in the region where there may be an impact to the APAC Privacy Programme
- Connect with the Privacy Leaders, Global Privacy Office, APAC Data Protection Officer and other stakeholders in the Wells Fargo Privacy community to build understanding and alignment of privacy requirements from multiple angles
- Understanding and articulating the privacy landscape
- Engage and raise awareness within the region of the APAC privacy programme
- Drive, facilitate and coordinate run-the-bank privacy activities such as Data Subject Access Requests, privacy KRIs reporting and privacy related compromised data
- Support Matters Related to Privacy in APAC
- Drive region-wide initiatives related to privacy such as training, Enterprise Privacy Practices Inventory, etc.
- Coordinate regional LoB/EF specific privacy procedures
- Coordinate and provide regional Front Line input to documents related to privacy such as the corporate policy
- Coordinate regional audits, testing and validation and regulatory reviews related to privacy
- Provide advice and guidance to LoBs and EF on privacy related matters
- Act as the point-of-contact for US stakeholders on APAC privacy
- Operational Risk Management Programmes Build
- Understand principles driving assigned operational risk management programmes so as to identify potential gaps and improvement opportunities for the programmes
- Drive and/or support activities for the assigned operational risk management programmes to continuously build and mature the programmes
- Operational Risk Management Programmes
- Contribute towards reporting and requirements arising from business and organisational changes such as rolling out of new initiatives and products
- Contributes towards the design and implementation of privacy related controls within LoBs and EFs
- Appreciate the assigned operational risk management programmes so as to provide appropriate guidance and advice
- Drive and/or support business-as-usual activities for the assigned programmes including participating in global programme specific activities, audits, etc.
- Identify and escalate risks associated with programmes
- Support risk and status reporting for the assigned risk management programmes
Market Skills and Certifications
Required Qualifications: 5+ years of experience in privacy, compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both. Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge on programme management, risk and control
- Knowledge on privacy requirements in the regional
• Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skill
- Ability to escalate issues
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management
- Solid conflict management and decision making skills
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.