APAC Collateral & Margin Services
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Dec 17 2017-12-18
APAC Collateral & Margin Services
Job Title: CMS MS Analyst
This is an Analyst position which is part of the Collateral, Margin and Valuation Services (CMVS) team. This role provides critical experience and expertise to the Barclays collateral function during a time of unprecedented regulatory change, contributing strongly not only to the day-to-day margin activity but also to successful delivery of regulatory compliance.
The Collateral and Margin teams are a key first line of defense function and this role is required to ensure strong delivery, control and oversight of potential risks as well as manage client service and interactions across the teams. The role will partner closely with colleagues across the function as well as a diverse group of stakeholders across business and infrastructure teams.
· Contribute to the build-out of an enterprise Collateral, Margin and Valuations service appropriate to the new and emerging regulatory landscape.
· Support the successful integration of regulatory change - eg, Structural Reform, FINRA 4210, and Uncleared Swap Margin.
· Onboard/offboard new agreements in the collateral management systems.
· Liaise with external counterparties on agreement of margin calls, collateral bookings, rehypothecation, settlements and dispute resolution.
· Proactive partnership and engagement with internal and external stakeholders including Business, Compliance, Legal, Risk and Technology in both APAC and global regions.
· Manage client outreach and education, with the ability to influence adoption of industry or technological solutions to improve scale and efficiency.
· Maintain a strong focus on process improvement through lean and automation. Work with global teams to identify gaps, define requirements and resolution to achieve consistency.
· Support wider Middle Office and/or Operations as required.
· Effectively bilingual in English and Japanese at business level. Required to communicate with Japanese clients via phone and emails for daily tasks.
· Attention to detail, delivering high quality output.
· Self-motivated and ability to operate independently - proactive and positive attitude and desire to make a difference.
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Prior experience in Collateral, Middle Office, Finance, Capital, Risk and / or Optimisation functions preferable.
· High level understanding of the trade lifecycle and the functions across Operations and Markets groups
· Experience in business-facing functions with knowledge of execution, control and risk.
· Confidence and desire to build knowledge across a wide range of disciplines
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.