AML Analyst - Private Banking
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Contract, Full time
- Links International , EA Licence No: 09C5322
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
A global investment bank is seeking an AML Analyst to work as part of the Controls and Monitoring team. The successful candidate would be heavily supporting the Bank's Risks and Controls Framework, as well as to ensure compliance of all Singapore booking platform operational activities with the respective local and offshore regulations by providing support to the Front Office organization on all risk and control related matters.
- You are working in a dynamic and motivated team of business controllers with the overall purpose to strengthen the bank's control framework.
- As one of the experienced members of the team, you are responsible to guide the junior business controllers.
- You are responsible to perform regular business controls and reviews with accuracy, consistency and good quality; and producing the results for reporting purposes in a timely manner.
- You are partnering with Client Facing Employees, Front Office Management and other key stakeholders (e.g. Compliance, APAC and Location FLDS etc.) and acting as a control and review subject matter expert on various topics (such as Investment Suitability, Cross Border, KYC, AML/CTF, Anti-Fraud etc.).
- You are supporting Front Office Management (Market Group Heads and Market Area Heads) in conducting regular and quality Supervisory controls in a timely manner.
- You ensure that control results are being reported and shared with all relevant stakeholders, where the gaps/issues identified are being escalated on a timely basis.
- Where gaps have been identified, you would provide suggestions on how they can be closed. Where areas of improvements have been identified, you would provide suggestions such as streamlining the existing controls for possible increased efficiency.
- You ensure that control and review results are being validated and tracked on an ongoing basis.
- Fast learner with at least 3 - 6 years of experience in a risk/control or related function in the Financial Industry
- AML/CTF, KYC experience
- Private Banking background and experience
- Familiarity with MAS Notice 626 and Guidelines, FAA and SFA
- Familiarity with HKMA AMLO Guidelines is an advantage
- Confident personality with experience in handling business and operational risk issues and control matters
- Team player and a positive can-do attitude
- Attention to details for producing accurate and precise control results
- Effective communication and stakeholder-management skills, particularly in the ability to liaise with senior Front Office as well as other key stakeholders
Melanie Anne Weller
Consultant - Banking & Finance and Business Support
EA Registration Number R1441021
Links HR Singapore Pte Ltd
EA License Number: 09C5322