AML Analyst - CFS AML Risk Management
CARM is an operational risk management team under OCBC Consumer Financial Services (CFS) Singapore business unit. The team actively works in partnership with CFS Operational Risk Management & Compliance (ORMC) to manage CFS AML Risk in a highly demanding and fast paced environment, with opportunities and exposure in the area of proactive AML risk management for aspiring AML expertise individuals
Provide AML/CFT expertise in personally conducting or providing 2 nd level reviews and approval, as well as training and guiding AML Analysts, on:
- Reviewing and analysing customer profile in the relevant AML/CFT/Sanctions scope of work,
- Provide overall Sanctions, ML/TF risk assessment on customers profile, identifying key risk areas for attention,
- Recommend and provide risk mitigating plan for senior management consideration,
- Implement effective risk mitigating actions/plans for CFS as part of the team's risk management activities.
Key responsibilities covering 1 or more of the following AML/CFT control and risk mitigation activities:
- Processing of escalated name screening alerts and/or transaction activities alerts,
- Processing of priority requests from compliance or local authorities
- File and/or Review escalated Suspicious Transaction Reports (STR) for consideration of further escalation to Group Regulatory Compliance Unit for STR filing,
- Conducting Standard and/or Enhanced Customer Due Diligence reviews,
- Customers and internal stakeholders engagement on request of information and documents,
- Exit and closure of customer banking relationships,
- Activities progress tracking through MIS update and reporting,
- Provide AML advisory support to internal stakeholders where required
- Quality assessment of completed operational tasks and provide update reporting to management on observations.
- Pro-active management of issues highlighted via self-identification, internal and external audit reviews.
- Conduct trainings on identified gaps, refresher program and new hires training.
- Conduct policy gap analysis and procedural updates to meet new requirements,
- On demand risk management projects and activities, including process optimisation, RPA and AI RegTech initiatives.
- Project management of "Change The Bank" initiatives covering both process and systems changes.
Added advantage for individual with:
1. Minimum 1 year of Sanctions/AML/CFT operational experience and/or
2. Certification in Sanctions / AML / CFT Technical Skills
Technical knowledge and understanding of Singapore's regulatory requirements relating to sanctions, money laundering and terrorism financing Personal Traits
1. Passionate in developing a career in AML risk management
2. Independent self-starter with a strong positive mindset and self-motivation ability
3. Meticulous, committed and focused
4. Possesses an inquisitive mind and raises critical challenges to augment current work processes
5. Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
6. Has a good sense of risk acumen
7. Ability to influence and collaborate well with stakeholders and team members 8. Good written and oral communication skills and ability to interact effectively with people at different levels
9. Forward looking and embraces technology to drive efficient and effective AML risk management.