5 years' PQE Legal Counsel/ Deal Structurer at Fund Management
- very competitive
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellesley Partners Ltd
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
My client is a Singapore licensed fund management company, specialising in providing bespoke investment opportunities and fund products (cross border) that are not available through PB & traditional asset managers. They are hiring a legal counsel to be charge of their legal counsel as well as getting involved in structuring the mandates.
The role will allow the candidate to learn the Structures and needs of the UHNW Client base whilst taking a leading role in the execution of transactions mandated.
The expectation is for the candidate to develop structuring skills that will allow them to broaden their career horizons within the Firm in a range of possible directions – either marketing or structuring.
The candidate needs to be mature and self-starting and also must be experienced in managing junior staff to ensure delivery of workflow in a timely manner.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop any legal documents / drafting as required to support transaction execution with our external legal Counsel.
- Develop any legal documents required to onboard or align the Firm with service providers.
- Manage junior staff in a disciplined manner to ensure workflow is completed whilst the CEO is travelling.
- Develop presentation materials as required for prospective Client presentations.
- Work with our Private Banking partners to execute mandated transactions.
- Singapore qualified lawyer with 5-7 years' PQE
- Have a minimum 5 years of work experience in Finance or Banking Law in Singapore within an international law firm or top tier banks.
- Deep level understanding of MAS rules and regulations for Wealth Management, Asset Management and Funds Management industry.
- Ability to advise on structural elements in regard to said MAS rules and regulations.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to present well in front of Clients and service providers.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and able to work under minimal supervision, tight timeline and pressure.
- Individual must be of professional character, high ethical standards and financially sound.