C#/.Net Full Stack Engineer
Description About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, with some of the world's most complex problems? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
With over USD $9 trillion of assets and a leading software provider, we have an exceptional responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial wellbeing.
We are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and tackle sophisticated problems while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual. We seek an individual to join our Aladdin Alternatives Team within BlackRock. The Alternatives team provides the software and data used to make investing in alternatives less alternative. Our software is used internally by the BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI) group and externally by 100s of Fund Managers/Investors around the world.
Being a Software Engineers at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and being part of a product software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
- Passionate about building quality software and scaling technology to meet the needs of tomorrow
- Building SaaS solutions for BlackRock and the 100s of organizations who use our Aladdin technology
- Developing with most up to date framework in C#/.Net, React, Python, Cassandra, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, and many others
- Committed to open source, and contributing back to the community
- Writing testable software every day, with a focus on incremental innovation
- Develop the new cloud-based micro services for our platform.
- Be involved in various parts of the software development lifecycle. This includes daily stand ups, retrospectives, design reviews and peer code reviews.
- Contributing to technical whitepapers to outline software architecture plans.
- Provide second level support for issues raised on Alternative investment applications.
- Software engineering work experience on software development and deployment experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Strong programming skills in C#, Entity Framework, ASP.NET Core
- Experienced at working with Azure SQL Database
- Familiarity with Micro-Service architecture and Cloud concepts
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Want to learn more?
For 30 years, to drive innovation, BlackRock has bought great minds together. From the very beginning technology was leveraged for insight and efficiency to help our businesses better understand their client's objectives. BlackRock is accelerating innovation and technology to invest even more in our Aladdin platform and looking for people with a passion for technology and a love of solving complex problems to join our teams. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.