Senior Manager - Tax
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
Our region encompasses diverse tax laws and is part of what makes a career in tax with Deloitte & Touche Middle East a truly stimulating experience. With many corporations operating across several borders, your knowledge of tax will be key to making sure our clients stay on the right side of tax laws and minimize their tax costs. Your people skills will also be engaged as you form a close working relationship with clients, while your technical knowledge will be stretched as you develop expertise across the board in consulting, business, finance and law to craft commercially sound solutions. As you gain experience, you will do so with the full support of a firm that believes in helping you grow and providing you with the skills to succeed.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
• Outstanding value to markets and clients
• Commitment to each other
• Strength from cultural diversity
During your tenure as a Senior Manager in Business Tax, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
• Provides subject matter expertise in current tax legislation, proposed/pending legislation, their implications, and understands interaction across the Global Tax and Legal function, specifically with their area of expertise
• Applies recent developments and changes relating to relevant tax practices, rules and regulations to the client's business
• Acts as a trusted independent advisor by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights, and advice
• Assesses risks and identifies market opportunities in client projects based on knowledge of global and local quality control processes and risk procedures
• Recommends new and innovative approaches to analyze data and solves problems to help draw meaningful conclusions
• Makes decisions with confidence based on analysis of available information to drive business success
• Stays current on emerging technologies, standards, and applications in order to address current/potential business opportunities and client issues
• Assists in developing new and/ or enhancing existing methodologies and approaches
• Identifies and leads global client pursuits (domestic and across multiple countries and jurisdictions)
• Identifies and applies the tax knowledge of other tax regimes to optimize the tax efficiency for multinational companies
• Provides high-level strategic reviews and quickly assesses risks and issues with proposed solutions.
• Identifies and resolves risk issues arising from corporate reorganizations through appropriate use of specialists and clear client communications
• Interprets variations of tax accounting positions which may be taken in relation to transactions and local accounting specialists
• Provides leadership of process, resource management, review and sign off of provisions from a tax perspective and takes lead role in the sale and delivery of global engagements
• Works as primary liaison between the client and tax authorities and works with specialty service lines to resolve complex tax disputes Leadership Capabilities:
• Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values.
• Actively contributes to building the talent pipeline; creates a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams
• Creates opportunities to drive impact; anticipates client needs and delivers superior results by leveraging each person's strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders
• Builds deep relationships across a diverse network and uses a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact
• Translates broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; aligns the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives
• Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
• Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others Qualifications:
• 8+ years of general tax experience, preferably with at least five years focused on international, regional and national taxation. Experience with a Big 4 firm, law firm, or large corporate tax department of a multinational company is required.
• In-depth, first-hand experience of a wide range of industries
• Extensive consulting and compliance experience.
• Experience with inbound and outbound international tax is preferred.
• Excellent research skills and strong written and verbal communications skills.
• In-depth knowledge of tax and business laws and regulations.
• Excellent project management and presentation skills required.
• Prior supervisory experience required.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field.
• Fluent in English (Reading, Speaking and Writing). Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (Arabic/English)
Deloitte in Saudi Arabia was established more than half a century ago and is part of Deloitte & Touche (M.E.). Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL).
Requisition code: ME-139152-HS