Principle Solution Engineering Consultant
Principle Solution Engineering Consultant -
Systems Line of Business, Sales Solution Engineering Team
Systems Solution Engineering - Middle East Africa Region (MEA)
Reports to the Systems Solution Engineering Director,
Senior technical sales consultant that will assist in growing the Middle East Africa (MEA) Oracle systems business by mapping and leveraging supporting sales plays and appropriate initiatives to generate new and incremental business.
The ideal candidate should have significant experience in IT solutions and IT transformation projects with a particular focus on large Data Driven Transformations.
The candidate should have the ability to:
• Focus on Market and Account adapting sales plays and initiatives that will succeed in growing our systems business
• Focus on creating long-term value from customers, markets, and relationships in specific tier 1 accounts:
o Building relationships, being involved in strategic planning and interacting and building relationships with customers thereby creating opportunities for growth
o Design, build and implement business solutions
o Engage with all levels within both Oracle and the customers' organisations
• Provide sales consultant support for Key named accounts
• Co-draft sales strategies together with account managers
• Provide solution engineering support in all necessary sales activities
• Define input for system architecture required and details for solution proposals
• Manage configurations of systems hardware products and associated infrastructure software
• Translate customer requirements into deliverable solutions
• Define values propositions, positioning and differentiation to competitors' products
• Support and develop existing customer and partner relationships and skills
• Work alongside partners and other third party organizations as required
• Help drive sales opportunities to successful completion
• Represent Oracle at marketing events, account based marketing events, workshops and other external events Oracle and channel events as required
• Actively develop cloud and Oracle X-Lob expertise
Oracle system solution engineers must be excellent communicators, able to articulate these in a
straightforward way to both decision makers and technical personnel alike.
The candidate must be self-motivated and proactive also be interested in advancing their specific expertise in private cloud and associate Oracle software products that will enhance these offerings.
The ideal candidate should have significant experience in IT solutions and IT transformation projects focusing particularly private cloud and technologies in addition to working knowledge of emerging technologies like ML, AI and IoT
The ideal candidate should
• Be an experienced professional with a successful and proven track record in this domain
• Have a BSc. or equivalent or higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or any other degree supporting Information Technology.
• Have at least 7 years of IT on premise server and storage technologies sales engineering experience (with at least 10 years of overall IT experience)
• Have both experience in business development and technologies required to promote on premise server and storage at an infrastructure and platform level
• Have excellent written, oral and presentation skills in the required languages
• Be able to communicate at management CxO level as well as at a technical level.
• Have an understanding of key business drivers and competitive landscape in private cloud/on premise server and storage markets
• Working knowledge in the following areas is an asset:
• Design of datacenter
• Strategic Information systems analysis and planning
• Technical design authority role for a large project
Following working and hands on knowledge and expertise of Oracle's technologies supported by relevant certifications are preferred
• Oracle Solaris, Oracle Sun Cluster Software, Oracle ZFS, Oracle Database
• Oracle Engineered Systems - Exadata, PCA and ZDLRA
• Oracle Sun SPARC and Intel Servers,
• Oracle Sun Storage Tape and Disk Solutions
• ZFS Storages and Volume Managers
• Infrastructure Design, Support and Implementation
• Backup and Recovery Design and Implementation
• Servers and OS Administration
• Virtualization and Private Clouds Design and Implementation
• Hardware Configuration and Implementation
• Clustering Design, Implementation and Support
• Programming and Scripting
• Presentation, Demo and PoC Preparation
Language skills (both written and verbal):
1. Arabic - Fluent
2. English - Fluent Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable. As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).