International Tax and Transaction Services - Transaction Tax Advisory - Senior Manager / Director
The International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) practice is comprised of three competencies focused on advising corporate and private equity clients on all aspects of their capital agenda - Transaction Tax Advisory, International Corporate Tax Advisory and Transfer Pricing. ITTS is unique in that it is a joint venture between the Transaction Advisory Services and Tax service lines allowing ITTS to maximize market opportunities as well as the growth and development of ITTS professionals. The transactions market is a major part of EY's market strategy and a huge opportunity for the business and EY professionals.
The Transaction Tax Advisory ("TTA") competency is comprised of teams focused on the tax aspects of the client's capital agenda. We have dedicated professionals focused on buy-side due diligence, structuring, and cash tax modelling; sell-side tax assistance, structuring, and cash tax modelling; internal restructuring; capital structure and refinancing; distressed debt and bankruptcy; and tax attribute calculations and monetization strategies. The International Corporate Tax Advisory competency ("ICTA") is responsible for advising clients on international tax operations, including cross-border controversy, international policy advisory, international tax quantitative services, internal restructuring and refinancing. The Transfer Pricing (TP) competency addresses planning, documentation and controversy issues associated with all types of intercompany transactions, assisting companies with supply chain matters, with a particular focus on intangible property, and helping companies accurately reflect and monitor their transfer pricing in their financial systems. With this many service offerings, you will have the opportunity to participate in cross competency trainings to help develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. The opportunity
Constantly changing regulatory environments have led to rapid growth in the area of transfer pricing. EY is a leader in synthesizing global developments and advising our clients. You'll see that reflected in your career, as you'll be working with prestigious global clients at the leading front of economic analysis. Whether you've built your skills in another global organization, you're approaching this from an industry perspective, or you've recently completed a B.A., master's or PhD and are interested in applying your analytical skills, you could really shine here. Your key responsibilities
You'll be heavily involved at all stages of the project life cycle, making this a high-profile opportunity to take on a wide range of responsibilities and diversify your skills and experience. It's all about translating information from a variety of sources into quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform and advise our clients. That will include building relationships with clients in a spectrum of industries and getting to know their unique needs and aspirations to provide tailored global services. It will also mean demonstrating your leadership by supervising multiple transfer pricing engagements and contributing to the delivery of quality tax planning services for our diverse clients. Skills and attributes for success
Skills and attributes for success
- Serve as a member of multiple client engagement teams, participating in due diligence and structuring engagements related to transactions for private equity and strategic corporate clients
- Manage overall engagement, engagement economics and engagement teams across the EY global network. Help provide growth and learning opportunities to junior professionals, while providing clear and direct feedback on overall performance.
- Assist in the review and analysis of the tax aspects of acquisition and merger agreements and draft tax opinion letters and memoranda
- Identify and analyze tax risks and opportunities while advising on alternative tax strategies for acquisition, disposition, and restructuring of businesses
- Review, assess, and advise clients regarding tax computations reflected in their financial models; and assist clients in the quantitative and qualitative analysis of the tax data in their financial projections for the transaction
If you are a client driven, strategically and commercially aware, excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral, enthusiastic with flexible attitude to work and a strong motivator, you will be perfect for the role. To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally, you'll also have
- Bachelor's Degree in Tax, Economics, Accounting or Finance and an approved professional qualification or equivalent (e.g. ADIT / ATT / ACCA / CPA / ACA / CA / LLB or MBA, or MA, MSc or PhD in fields listed above)
- 7 - 10 years of relevant tax experience
- Broad exposure to international taxation with focus on inbound and outbound investments
- Strong managerial, organisational, project management, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Proven track record with a leading professional services firm
- Experience of managing a team and/or mentoring and developing more junior team members
What we look for
- Proficiency in Arabic language
- Strong writing, research, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary
You'll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in international tax landscape so that you can better advise our clients. In return we'll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you're in the best place to develop your tax career.
Whatever the projects and assignments you work on you can be confident that you're contributing towards helping our clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy ensuring technical excellence and providing the highest levels of client service. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Build your legacy with us. Apply today.