Deals, Transaction Services - Senior Associate - FDD
Job Description & Summary
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the purpose of due diligence, and the distinction between audit, DD, corporate finance and valuation work.
- Following a brief introduction to an assignment by a senior team member, displays an understanding of the link between the key deal drivers/risks and the scope of work, and applies this understanding to his/her analysis by focusing on the scope, deliverables and ultimate objectives. Can clearly articulate why a particular piece of analysis is of importance. Capable of taking responsibility for defined areas of a scope, to include development of analysis, preparation of questions for target management, and participation in meetings with management.
- Shows an awareness of materiality in developing analysis and preparing questions.
- Begins to demonstrate innovative ideas for useful analysis and presentation styles.
- Adopts a skeptical mindset and common sense in equal measure in establishing the underlying drivers of balances or movements, refusing to accept explanations which make little sense.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the attributes of good report writing and is capable of drafting straightforward slides.
- Takes responsibility for managing their own time and outputs based on the broader engagement timeline.
- Consults with senior team members where necessary, but is willing to offer an opinion or proposed solution where practical.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business, Accounting or other related major
- Should be a qualified CA/ACCA or equivalent (or studying towards this qualification)
- You will have an outstanding academic record from a well-recognized institution
- 3+ years' experience in a financial due diligence or audit