Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Role Summary:
The incumbent will support promoting a strong compliance culture throughout the organization. Assist in managing on a pro-active basis the compliance activities with the purpose of identifying and assessing the compliance risks associated with the business activities especially those related to regulatory and statutory requirements. Be responsible for performing regular and comprehensive compliance risk assessment and testing according to the approved compliance review plan.
Reporting on a regular basis on compliance matters, identified breaches and corrective action taken to Senior Compliance Officer. To ensure complete and proper implementation of regulations and guidelines. To develop and co-ordinate bank-wide continuous training courses regarding Central Bank's regulations and statutory requirements. Role Description:
- Assist the Senior Compliance Officer in ensuring sound compliance policies and practices in order to protect QNB licenses, customer relations and compliance procedures.
- Monitor adherence of business and changes to business practices and products to ensure adequate consideration and compliance of business to regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Monitor the implementation of new regulations or amendments made to the existing regulations.
- Monitor action taken on Central Banks inspectors' recommendations to ensure effective implementation.
- Participate in conducting scheduled and ad hoc compliance reviews as per the approved annual compliance review plan.
- Review new and amendments made to relevant policies, procedures, services and products to ensure that the implementation is within regulations and guidelines.
- Review system changes and or enhancements of Central Banks returns to ensure that the implementation is within Central Banks guidelines.
- Promoting employees awareness by developing and coordinating bank-wide continuous training courses regarding compliance issues and requirements.
- Submit periodic reports to Senior Compliance Officer detailing cases of non-compliance with Central Banks' regulations and statutory requirements.
- Prepare a report for every assignment conducted detailing the review objectives, scope and outcome.
- Conduct scheduled and ad hoc AML reviews as per the approved annual review plan.
- Assess the anti-money laundering review conducted by the business units / branches for the daily and monthly reports with immediate reporting on non-compliance cases.
- Review new and amendment made to relevant policies and procedures, services and products to ensure that the implementation is within AML regulations and guidelines.
- Performing regular testing to ensure full compliance to KYC policy, which should include all type of customers and counterparties.
- Perform the regular monitoring of the customer names and transactions to identify any unusual transactions, through Safe Watch And MQ Series
- University graduate preferably with a Major in Finance, Banking, Economics, Business Administration or Law (related field of study),
- 3-5 years' experience of control/audit procedures and knowledge of compliance in banking institution or regulatory agency preferably in compliance or internal audit function.
- Professional qualifications such as CPA/CIA/CA.
- Good oral and written communication skills (incl. report writing) in English; depending on each country requirements Arabic or French may be required.
- Good Knowledge in the following areas ;
- Banking and IT applications.
- Current regulations and financial instruments.
- Bank accounting procedures.
- Banking products and services.
- Regulatory and tax matters.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport Copy