Assurance - Core Assurance - Senior Associate - Riyadh
Job Description & Summary
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.
Lifestyle in Riyadh:
Saudi Arabia has a population of 30 million people with 36% expats. Riyadh is the Capital of Saudi Arabia and it is primarily a business destination, and it strictly adheres to Islamic social codes. Some of the benefits of living in Riyadh are:
•Tax free salaries.
•Plenty of malls and traditional souqs.
•Riyadh is a Skyscraper-filled metropolis with two main towers; Alfaysalyah and Kingdom Tower.
•Rich cultural history; such as Dir'iya, the original home of the Al Saud family.
•Spectacular scenery of the deserts beyond Riyadh.
•Safety and security.
•Diversity: the exposure to differing cultures and ways of life.
•Year round sunshine
•Proximity to the Gulf, Africa and Asia for travelling and exploring
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
The Senior Associate would typically be degree qualified (eg. to Bachelors degree level) in an accountancy, finance or numeracy based degree.
- External Audit Experience from one of the big 4
- ACA/ACCA or CPA qualification (or equivalent) with broad ranging audit experience including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments
- Effective communication skills when working at all levels with well developed listening and questioning techniques
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously without direct day to day management Desire for continuous self improvement
- Experience in supervising and developing staff
- Knowledge of IAS and IFRS