Key Functional Accountabilities and Activities
▪ Responsible for the financial reporting of all Asset Management Activities (including Funds, Portfolios, SPVs, and Client Advisory) and the required Management Reports in a timely and efficient manner.
▪ Review and validate funds NAVs for all internally managed funds and communicate relevant results (i.e. NAV Statements) to Fund Administrators and coordinating release to investor in conjunction with Funds & Portfolio Management.
▪ Review and analyse the NAVs packs received on externally managed funds
▪ Coordinate the internal and external audits of the department including the financial statements of all Funds, Portfolios, SPVs, and Client Advisory. And support and assist the external auditors in the performance of annual audits.
▪ Assist the unit head in preparing status reports on the department budget, KPIs and the revenue goals & achievements of underlying funds and investments.
▪ Coordinate with Finance Department on related financial matters.
▪ Review the allocation of overhead (FTP, cost allocation etc.…), and ensure the maintenance and filing of the fund’s financial books and records.
▪ Ensure compliance and consistent application of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs).
▪ Provide necessary financial information for the internal preparation of the Equity Valuation Report (EVR) and review EVR submitted by internal and/ or external consultants and ensure relevant impairment or appreciation in Equity Values are recorded in the relevant financial statements.
▪ Conduct periodic assessment of funds’ debts portfolios and compute provisions as required by IFRS9.
▪ Assist the unit head in preparing projection, forecast and yearly budgets. And monitor and report on actual results with reference to budget
▪ Support the unit head in monitoring the overall financial performance of AMD and prepare appropriate reports for submission to the Director and concerned departments.
▪ Perform other ad hoc duties as assigned by the Line Manager
Qualifications/ Professional Experience
• At least 3 years(s) of experience in Funds related functions in financial institutions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is a must.
• Professional qualifications such as Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accounting (CMA) or any additional relevant professional qualification is a must.
Language SkillsCapable of communicating in two of the working languages (Arabic, English and French) of which English is a must.