Under the supervision of the Country Operations Manager, to manage the portfolio of a specific sector (Energy/ICT) projects and TAs within the approved costs, timelines and quality to ensure efficient delivery of the Bank’s mandate to support socio-economic development in the relevant Member Countries....
- Lead the preparation of project appraisals to ensure comprehensive coverage of the technical, economic, social, financial, procurement, institutional and environmental aspects of the project proposals are in line with the operations manual and applicable policies/procedures of the Bank.
- Seek inputs from the respective Sector Teams in CPO to further refine and enhance the project appraisal documents prior to submission for Board approval.
- Ensure all changes identified during project appraisal is incorporated in all the relevant documents for alignment of project design and approach prior to submission of project for Board approval.
- Follow up and communicate the project approval status, in line with IDB’s disclosure policy, to the relevant focal point in the Member Country.
Project Implementation and Monitoring:
- Coordinate with respective CPO Sectoral Leads for receiving technical assistance in all aspects across the entire project lifecycle.
- Maintain project plans to ensure ongoing monitoring of project progress, proactive identification of issues and implementation of action plans to resolve issues promptly.
- Liaise with the Operations Quality and Results Unit during the operational cycle of projects to ensure necessary operational policies and procedures are being followed and suggestions for improvements are implemented.
- Review disbursement requests and advise on clearance status to country management to ensure timely resolution of procurement and other related issues and ensure that Cumulative Undisbursed Commitments (CuC) are brought to the minimum.
Project Closure and Review:
- Contribute to the development of project completion reports, on completion of each project, ensuring that all elements of the project charter have been incorporated in the report.
- Provide inputs to the Sectoral Teams in CPO ensuring that the problems and issues faced, remedial actions taken, and the lessons learned are well documented for reference in the future projects.
- Provide necessary inputs to the Portfolio Effectiveness Unit, at the end of the project portfolio cycle, to ensure that the portfolio development effectiveness objectives have been achieved.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education/ Energy/ Food Security/ Health Management/ Rural Development/ Transportation / Water Management/ Economics/ Engineering or related field.
- Master’s degree would be preferred.
- Additional qualification or certification in Project Management like PMP would be highly desirable.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree/6 years with a Master’s degree in the development sector, of which minimum 5 years in a specific sector.
- English (Mandatory)
- French (Mandatory)
Skills and Necessary Knowledge
- Project Management skills.
- People Management skills.
- Quality Management.
- Results Orientation.
- Portfolio Management.
- Time and resource management.
- Building Relationships
- Passion for Excellence
- Problem Solving skills
- Vendor Management
- Global Trends and Challenges in the specific sector.
- IT skills, especially in project management.