Legal - Senior Manager - English
Legal - Senior Manager - English - COR015310
With a startup spirit and 90,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world's biggest brands-and we have fun doing it. Now, we're calling all you rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently, and are bold enough to reinvent it. Come, transform with us.
Inviting applications for the role of Legal - Senior Manager - English! Responsibilities
What can we offer?
- The employee will be a data privacy specialist, will provide support to Genpact European Data Protection Officer and to the data privacy team, as well commercial vendor reviews;
- The role requires good interpersonal, analytical, communication and people skills;
- Review from legal perspective and draft, as needed, documents related to the company's activity, respectively related to the activity of the company's group impacted by data privacy legislations;
- Support the VP, India Compliance on legal response to compliance management issues as well as adherence to the company's compliance management system to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct and to ensure compliance with contract, industry standards as well as applicable law
- Engage in legal and data privacy compliance risk assessment management and mitigation;
- Draft and review internal legal and data privacy compliance related policies;
- Provide support in integrity/data privacy related investigations, as well as to the representatives of the company for compliance related matters;
- To review and negotiate contractual documentation as an independent contributor
- Pitching for Monthly Compliance Review and Board of Trustee meetings
- Maintain the relationship with external law firms where appropriate;
- Provide support to other members of the Legal team on data privacy matters;
- Perform certain administrative tasks, like performing the necessary procedures for invoices payment, for submission of expenses reports, for cost approvals, for execution of documents, for organizing meetings with public notaries and/or translators and others, as needed
- Maintain the databases and the archives updated and perform reporting activities;
- The main internal partners will be the Data Privacy Team, Human Resources, Sourcing, Logistics, Controllership, Technology and Operational teams;
- The position will report to the European Legal & Compliance Lead;
- The position may require travelling to other Genpact offices, from time to time.
Qualifications Minimum qualifications
- Attractive salary! & Stable job offer - employment contract
- Work in a multicultural environment
- Various trainings (initiating, soft skills) and possibility of development
- Benefits (Medical benefits, insurance, partner discounts, additional vacation days, meal tickets)
- Qualification to provide legal services in Romania and/or other European jurisdiction;
- Law University graduate, preferably postgraduate studies in English.
- Experience (in house/authorities/private law firm) in the field of employment law, litigation, commercial law (including software/cloud related contracts), data protection, general compliance and corporate law;
- Ability to handle data privacy matters;
- Significant work experience in the field by practice of law at a law firm, corporate legal group.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to handle client on one-to-one basis, via e-mails and calls;
- Ability to optimal lead multiple activities simultaneously, in an efficient manner, in a fast-paced environment;
- Coordinating skills and capacity to lead projects remotely (e.g. via e-mails, calls etc.);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to network with Genpact staff and management at all levels, in order to advise on legal and compliance aspects of operations and transactions;
- Good analytical ability, creativity and sound judgment in resolving legal issues.
- Outstanding professional and ethical standards;
- Willingness and capacity to perform administrative tasks, needed for the well-functioning of the team;
Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit www.genpact.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Job Senior Manager
Primary Location Romania-Bucuresti
Education Level Bachelor's / Graduation / Equivalent
Job Posting Sep 3, 2020, 12:34:40 PM
Unposting Date Nov 2, 2020, 9:59:00 PM
Master Skills List Operations
Job Category Full Time