- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 18 Jul 19
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Translator, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines.
The incumbent (He/she) will assist QNB Capital's team with translation requests under the supervision of QNB Capital's Managing Director.
He/ she; will draft, translate, review or proofread the translation of a range of materials, including official correspondence, letters, presentations, speeches, emails, and financial/legal documents, among others.
He/ she will ensure that all translated documents formatted and presented appropriately in standard business formats using Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
He/ she will assist the QNB Capital team with various tasks that require Arabic language skills
Deliver translations in line with the requirements of QNB Capital senior management
Assist and undertake the translation (Arabic into English and vice versa) of various materials
Assist the verification and proofreading of all translations provided from external sources
Work closely with QNB Capital's team to finalize any deliverables that required submitting to clients, regulators or any other external parties in Arabic
Work closely with the QNB Capital team in preparing the translation of documents related to regulatory submissions
Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information
Act with integrity, competence, diligence, respect, and in an ethical manner with the public, clients, prospective clients, employers, employees, colleagues
Place the integrity of the investment profession and the interests of clients above their own personal interests
Practice in a professional and ethical manner
University Degree in Translation, Finance, Law, or equivalent seasoned with minimum 5 years of experience in translations or legal services as translator
Excellent language skills in Arabic and English is mandatory
Special required skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Ability to structure and express ideas clearly and logically
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work in a relatively unstructured and project-based environment
- Result-oriented with a demonstrated experience of balancing multiple tasks and priorities
- Experience and ability in collaborating and communicating effectively with all hierarchy levels across the organization
- Personal qualities such as being a team worker
- Good adaptability to multinational environment, with wide exposure to various cultures and customs
- Familiarity with Finance, Banking, Economics and Legal concepts and terms
- Proficiency in all standard business software applications, office communication tools and technologies with excellent skills in MS Word and PowerPoint
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph