- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 25 Apr 19
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Transaction Officer, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines.
You will be responsible for providing timely and accurate authorization of outward and inward remittance requests including salary transfers, process clearing and collections activities (inward/outward) and post-dated cheques (PDCs) for the Group's retail, corporate and governmental entities/ Clientele.
As well; you'll adhere to the approved policy/ procedures and related processes in place for processing the same.
- Conduct daily balancing of the suspense/ transit accounts used for processing outward / inward remittance requests.
- Provide adequate and efficient remittance processing, bulk processing services (i.e. clearing/collection, salary transfers, post-dated cheques (PDCs) to internal customers including QNB domestic branches and thereby help them serve external customers including retail/corporate and government customers.
- Ensure any suspicious transactions identified are timely discussed and reported to the Supervisor / his superiors for resolution and if required to the Head of AML (reporting to Group Compliance).
- Ensure all requests received during the day are completely, accurately and timely authorized within the prescribed TAT and that any pending items are identified and promptly attended to on the following day.
- Swift transfers - liaise with the help desk function for resolving SWIFT/tested telex related issues.
- Conduct the provision of central cash activities to provide transfer of cash from and to branches and thereby meet internal customer (QNB domestic branches) needs to enable them to serve external customers in a more efficient manner, resulting in increased external customer satisfaction levels.
- Perform daily balancing of the related suspense/ transit accounts used for processing outward/ inward remittance requests and notifying the Manager Central Operations of long outstanding transactions that have not yet been cleared for initiation.
- University graduate preferably with a Major in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Information Technology (related field of study)
- Min 3 - 4 years of experience in various sub departments of Operations within a large bank
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Understanding of central cash operations/ activities and related processes.
- Developing knowledge of SWIFT related operations, including usage of SWIFT terminals, related codes and operation of tested telex.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV