Specialist Domestic Business Regulatory Compliance
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 19 Jun 19
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Specialist Domestic Business Regulatory Compliance, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines.
The incumbent will be responsible for conducting the compliance function for the domestic Banking Activities of all business units operating in the State of Qatar on a pro-active basis.
All efforts should be made to identify and assess the compliance risks associated with domestic banking activities of all Business divisions in light of applicable regulations of QCB and any other applicable statutory requirements, Group policies/procedures and industry standards and best practices.
- Identify and assess the Regulatory Compliance risk involved in the banking activities of Business divisions conducted by QNB Group in the state of Qatar and thereby reduce the risk of regulatory sanctions, which could result in financial losses/ penal actions and the associated damage of reputation of QNB Group.
- Manage, guide and instruct all direct report staff to ensure meeting individual and departmental objectives and monitor their compliance with internal policies, rules and code of ethics and conduct.
- Provide all the necessary support to all business divisions to achieve their business objectives related to their domestic banking activities in line with the regulatory requirements as and when required.
- Provide information/inputs with regards to the domestic banking activities of Group's Business Divisions to the Head of Domestic Business Regulatory Compliance and to the Chief Domestic Compliance in the former's absence to resolve the related queries/issues raised by the regulatory authorities including but not limited to the Qatar Central Bank and Other government bodies in Qatar like Ministries and General Authorities.
- Preparation of regulatory reports mandated as per the regulatory requirements related to the domestic banking activities of Group's Business Divisions to the Chief Domestic Compliance for review and submission to the Group Chief Compliance Officer.
- Build up and strengthen the compliance relationship with all domestic business divisions that conducts banking activities including but not limited to Group Corporate and Institution Banking, SMEs, Group Retail, Private Banking, Group Treasury, etc.
- Conduct comprehensive compliance risk assessment for all domestic banking activities of Business divisions and submit the results to the Head of Domestic Business Regulatory Compliance for review and escalation.
- Conduct onsite and/or off site compliance review as per the approved Group compliance annual plan on Business divisions conducting banking activities on target dates as assigned form time to time and provide reasonable justifications for the reasons of any delay/rescheduling as appropriate.
- Structure the review objectives, scope and outcome; the compliance review should: eensure appropriate adherence of business divisions conducting banking activities to applicable regulatory requirements pertaining to their business activities and identify any non-compliance issues with the applicable regulations on the domestic banking activities of Business divisions, along with the corrective actions suggested and effectively action plan to be undertaken.
- Initiate review observations/comments, the impact and recommendations to mitigate noncompliance of business units with respect to domestic banking activities to assist business divisions in achieving their business objectives and goals in harmony with regulatory requirements, with emphasis on issues that need resolution.
- Initiate, as and when required, impact assessment studies on the domestic banking activities of business divisions of QNB Group due to new laws and regulatory requirements issued/received.
- Perform appropriate follow up if the implementation of new regulatory requirements related to all banking activities and coordinate with owners to ensure compliance with new laws and regulations or changes to the existing ones.
- Identify gaps and/or improvement to the compliance monitoring program related to the domestic banking activities of business divisions in light of regulatory changes and applicable best practices.
- Initiate compliance opinion in relation to domestic banking activities of QNB Group's Business divisions including new services, products, deals and joint venture/collaboration agreements from regulatory compliance perspective and deliver the appropriate advice as per the guidance and instructions of the Head of Domestic Business Regulatory Compliance and/or the Chief Domestic Compliance in timely manner.
- Participate in promoting employees awareness of compliance issues related to Business divisions conducting banking activities by providing inputs and updates to the brochures, flyers, guides with aim to promote an effective compliance culture and encourages managers and staff to be aware of the benefits of ethical conduct and compliance.
- Participate in the development of training materials/programs with focus on the domestic compliance issues such as but not limited to Code of Ethics, the concept of "Chinese Walls" and "Whistle Blowing" to prevent insider trading, fraud in addition to fostering the concept of "need to know" to manage "Conflict of Interest".
- Collect and prepare required data and information required by regulator during their inspection (onsite/offsite) of the business divisions with respect to their domestic banking activities as per the guidance and instructions of the Head of Domestic Business Regulatory Compliance and/or the Chief Domestic Compliance.
- Collect require data and information required to respond regulatory authorities inquiries, allegations related to domestic banking activities of Business divisions of QNB Group.
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor degree, ideally holding a professional qualifications such as CCO/ CIA/ CPA. In addition, a minimum of 10 years experience in a major banking institution, Accounting Practice or regulatory agency with preferably 5 years of Compliance or Internal Audit.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV