Specialist AML/CTF Model & Process Development
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 19 Jun 19
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Specialist AML/CTF Model & Process Development, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines.
The incumbent will ensure that there is adequate AML/CTF system and control in place at Group level to effectively manage the Money Laundering and terrorist financing risk and enhance the Global on-going changes for both AML/CTF bodies including QCB instructions and the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), to prevent the Group from being exposed to the risk of legal/ regulatory sanctions and the associated financial/ reputation loss that the Group may incur/ suffer as a result of failure to comply with the relevant AML/ CFT regulations.
- Manage the Global AML/CFT efforts of the Group by monitoring customer daily transactions on timely basis to avoid any suspicious transactions that could lead to fines/ penal actions and the consequent loss of reputation.
- Liaise with the following on continuous basis to resolve their queries/ respond to issues raised by them relating to the Group's AML/ CFT efforts - Qatar Central Bank officials, Qatar Financial Market Authority Officials, Qatar Financial Center Authorities, QNB Shariaa Advisory Board, Officials from other government bodies in Qatar like ministries and QE, National Anti Money Laundering Committee (NAMLC) and the Financial Information Unit (FIU) in Qatar.
- Establish , Enhance procedures , policy the AML/CTF Framework to meet the regulatory standard and FATF recommendations.
- Adopt and implement the FATF updated AML/CTF recommendations to meet the Global Standards
- Initiate new AML/CTF Compliance Strategy and Regulatory Reporting in establishing the Regulatory Reporting Annual Plan.
- Perform research and recommend enhancements on the principles adopted by QNB Group on Corporate Governance in line regulatory requirements.
- Take part to the Steering Committees relevant to the Group integration projects and work closely with stakeholders for the adequate and timely delivery of the compliance-specific actions.
- Assess the AML/CTF compliance risks at overseas entities and initiate the implementation of new systems to enhance
- Undertake studies, analysis and researches aiming to the enhancement of the systems and controls at overseas entities.
- Perform gaps analysis of systems and controls with leading practices and regulatory requirements, and recommend areas of improvement at strategic level.
- Establish methods and means for spreading the AML/CTF Awareness through training and e-learning platform establish in QNB L&D division.
- Prepare the quarterly risk-based reporting on the major AML/CTF requirements to the GACC
- Bachelor degree with professional compliance related qualification or CCO/ CIA/ CPA.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a major banking institution or regulatory agency out of which 5 years should be in a supervisory role relating to Compliance or Internal Audit.