Senior Security Risk Architect
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 24 Apr 18
The incumbent will be responsible for defining the IT Security Architecture strategy for Application and Infrastructure security for QNB Group. The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing and re-designing (where necessary) the existing architectures to improve security, optimize performance; implement latest design standards and adopt latest technologies. The incumbent will also help select the most appropriate platforms and ensure that user requirements are provided for by the latest and most effective tools available in the IT market.
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Senior Security Risk Architect, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
- Coordinate with the Heads of IT Application and Infrastructure teams to provide security architectural recommendations that fall inline with the Group's overall strategy and vision.
- Meet with internal managers and project managers to understand and document their requirements prior to providing suitable solutions.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related departments, units and vendors to achieve the Group's goals/ objectives.
- Develop and deliver against the organization's strategy and successfully implement Security Architecture programs through active engagement delivery and investment programs.
- Use industry standard architecture methodologies to define a strategy for the Security Architecture of the bank.
- Design and Build an up to date Security Architecture Standards to ensure secure and effective propagation of data between systems and subsystems.
- Propose new enterprise standards based on business need, IT need and technology advances. Assist project teams to implement the standards into business applications.
- Employ and enforce IT industry standards such as ITIL.
- Performs architecture reviews with IT infrastructure and application teams, IT Risk assessment teams to ensure adherence to standards, information risk management policies.
- Maintains a technology watch to identify emerging technologies that are relevant to the line of business. Builds awareness of key emerging technologies and promotes to the business in order to address their issues.
- Bachelor Degree preferably in computer science, computer engineering or related subjects.
- At least 8 years' experience in financial services with a specialization in infrastructure architecture, design and management.
- Professional certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA is mandatory
- Specific courses or certification in IT Security, Infrastructure and Application Architecture would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure architecture and limitations
- Self-driven with well-developed motivational and team-building skills.
- Strong experience in Architectural design.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV