Senior Security Engineering Officer
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Senior Security Engineering Officer, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines. Role Summary:
The incumbent has the primary responsibility of assisting the Head of Security Engineering to design, implement and support key security technologies across the QNB Group. Role Description:
- Working with business sponsors, project staff, and vendor partners, to engineer, deploy and support the most effective integrated technical solutions for IT Security,
- Provide subject matter expertise and IT Security advisory services to various business and IT initiatives,
- Conduct a range of tasks include requirement analysis, high level solution design for IT Security solutions, conduct product assessments, to design and implement tools to help drive compliance against QNB policies, regulatory requirements and industry best practices such as ISO 27001, PCI DSS, ITIL, SABSA and COBIT.
- The incumbent will support the IT security incident response process across the group and also lead forensic analysis exercises.
- Minimize or eliminate business downtime and revenue loss due to security incidents and system unavailability
- Eliminate security incidents and bad publicity that can potentially tarnish bank's public image and there by loss of customer confidence in using bank's services.
- Provide input to the Head of IT Security Operations.
- Liaise with the various teams supporting IT systems across the Group to ensure the consistent implementation of information security standards across the environment.
- Liaise with external consultants appointed from time to time to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the Group's information security efforts.
- Engineer solutions and undertake advisory services to drive compliance against QNB policies, regulatory requirements and industry best practices such as ISO 27001, PCI DSS, ITIL, SABSA and COBIT.
- Support the security incident response process as a subject matter expert and lead forensic analysis exercises.
- Manage post-event reviews to identify root causes and highlight corrective actions.
- Respond to information security issues during each stage of a project's lifecycle
- Mitigate risks by creating project plans for specific implementations, configuration changes, software installations, or 'hot fixes' identifying resources needed from the Information Technology department. Also, work with the Head of IT Security to coordinate and schedule actions.
- Coordinate with other departments to solve IT security issues
- Research and propose information security products and services to protect and enhance the Group's defences form cyberattacks both at the infrastructure and application.
- Bachelor/ Masters Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related subjects.
- Professional certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA is mandatory
- Knowledge and certifications in network / application / System Security is considered a plus
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in a major bank or large corporate in an information security engineering capacity.
- Intelligent, articulate and persuasive leader.
- Deep understanding of infrastructure and application security controls.
- Ability to communicate information security-related concepts to a broad spectrum of technical and non-technical staff.
- Flexible team player and able to work and deliver under pressure.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others to gain commitment.
- Exercise high degree of initiative and thinking to perform complex tasks
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph