We are working with an international banking organisation who are looking for a Senior Credit Administration Professional capable of leading a growing team responsible for handling the full credit administration lifecycle for corporate credit applications with the bank
The successful Credit Administration Manager will be cover the full lifecycle of administration duties, including review of the credit applications for correct documentation, recording and monitoring credit facilities’ details and limits; review legal documents, as well as the authorizing disbursement of funds and utilization of credit facilities. It will also involve the preparation of MIS reports relating to the bank’s credit activities and portfolio.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Brief Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Compliance to ensure an appropriate response to obtain updates on regulations pertaining to credit risk review
- Conduct comprehensive reviews and checks pertaining to documentation and limit inputs
- Provide advise and support on all aspects of documentation matters
- Follow ups on the timeliness and coordination with Branches on the production of credit reports for internal purposes on regular periodic basis or on demand by senior management, auditors, compliance or regulators.
- Implementation of the credit operations processes and procedures related to the delivery of credit to customer account.
- Ensure all required documents are collected and reviewed prior to disbursing of loans / facilities to the customer accounts.
- Support the Credit team in preparing a recommendation to extend, decline, or request further structuring/ guarantees/ collaterals to the deal to minimize credit risk
- Coordinate activities with International Credit Administration colleagues/manager to ensure the timely processing of customer credit requests within established TATs.
- Effective conduct of the documentation & credit facilities processes whilst maintaining independent control over related processes.
- Ensure that checklists requirement for credit facilities documentation preparation, accounts annual reviews and processing ensuring all credit requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure physical custody of the original documents/legal paperwork are passed and held with Credit Operations asper the banks policy and procedures.
- Identify weak / defective aspects of credit applications, agreements, documents, enforceability of security documentation submitted for review and coordinate with the relevant unit for rectification.
- Conduct monitoring and control and ensure data integrity and arrange for periodic updates.
- Prepare portfolio and MIS reports. Identify and assess irregular customer’s credit condition, strength and weakness on negotiation, possible risky exposure, probable loss to the bank if any.
Qualifications and Experience
- University graduate with a degree preferably in finance, economics or related majors.
- Extensive relevant experience at a reputed international bank [or other comparable financial services or consultancy company], with prior team leadership and management experience
- A specialism in corporate credit documentation and administration processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Arabic language skills preferred
- In depth knowledge of credit, risk and banking operations
- Good knowledge of financial markets and industry best practices.
- Flexible team player and able to work and deliver under pressure.
- Ability to inspire and lead others