Our Client, the largest financial institution in the MEA region is looking to recruit a senior Economist. The right candidate will be responsible for managing the entire research, analysis, market intelligence, co-ordination and finalisation of the Group's Economic Insight reports, along with other monthly reports and other ad hoc reports. He/ She will also be responsible for monitoring and reporting of economic developments in key international markets, competitive information, and strategic opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1.Shareholder & Financial:
- Assist in working closely with Corporate Communications and Agency in order to produce publications of the highest standard in terms of look and feel
- Produce internal reports for Senior Management to assist them in Strategic Planning, Competitive Analysis, Market Developments and entry into new markets. This is done through publications, economic updates and ‘Economic Insight Reports’ for all countries in which the Group operates
2. Customer (Internal & External):
- Managing, maintaining and identifying opportunities to generate and develop new business gathering info/ data from pertinent sources including external research and valuation agencies and also develop relationship management for flow of information
3. Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Implement macroeconomic workload based on input received from the Head of Economics or the AGM Economics
- Manage the research, compilation, analyses, interpretation, and preparation of data on economic conditions.
- Develop macroeconomic stress tests for the purposes of the ICAAP under the local Central Bank Basel III Regulations
- Manage the development of economic forecasts using economic theory and econometric techniques.
- Identify economic indicators in respect to trends of the national and local economies.
- Analyze complex financial data and extracts and define relevant information
- Manage the entire research, analysis, market intelligence, relationship management, co-ordination and finalisation of the Economic Insight Reports, produce the monthly Economic Section for the Alco Report, manage the process of producing the weekly Global Markets Update
- Assist in building and maintaining key relationships with government ministries and various other institutions in the country and other relevant countries to gather and keep a steady flow of vital economic, financial, regulatory and other information for use in publications, for use by Senior Management, departments within the Bank, and for clients, and also for a mutually benefiting working relationship
- Assist the Head of Economics in the preparation of the global investment outlook
- Assist in the production and compilation of macroeconomic stress tests for the Group’s Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP).
- Prepare market intelligence reports on banks activities/strategies in UAE, GCC and MENA region that would be useful in strategic decision making and benchmarking for Senior Management and business units.
- Provide a wide range of information assistance on a near daily basis covering economic, banking, financial, local Securities Market, and other sectoral information to foreign embassies, customers, business establishments, financial institutions, educational institutions, local and international media, credit rating agencies, and various other external organizations and business federations.
- Devise methods and procedures for collecting and processing data, utilizing knowledge of available sources of data and various econometric and sampling techniques.
- Prepare Country Presentations which include economic briefs and highlights for Senior Management and Country GM’s in jurisdictions where the Group operates
- Develop a model for economic forecasting using econometric techniques.
- Regularly update the Head of Economics of regulatory and macroeconomic changes in different International markets
- Engage and provide coaching to research analysts in all aspects of the generation of internal and external reports.
- Masters Degree in Finance, Economics, Market Research, or equivalent.
- Ph.D. in Economics from a top global university of advantage
- At least 8 years of work experience within the economic department of a global financial institution with proven managerial oversight of small teams, with at least five years as an economist
- High degree of methodological-conceptual skills including data analysis and forecasting
- Experience in writing Macro Economic and Research reports
- Relationship Building and Managing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with a sense of creativity and practicality
- In-depth knowledge of the principles of economics, including econometrics and forecasting
- Proficiency and in-depth knowledge of statistical forecasting tools such as EViews and MatLab as well as of data sources and tools such as Bloomberg and Haver Analytics
Relevant profiles, please contact me directly via email, firstname.lastname@example.org