Senior Data Center Specialist – Backup – Disaster Recovery – Banking
- Highly Competitive plus bonus and relocation support
- Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Permanent, Full time
- Aston Carter
- 16 May 19
We are working with a international financial services organisation who are looking for an experienced Data Center Specialist to join a small but collaborative team based in their Qatar headquarters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities of the data center with a specific focus on backup and disaster recovery functions for the bank.
Brief Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure efficient support and operations services across the bank
- Provide admin and operational services for all back up data center users
- Ensure backup/restore activities as per the standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Manage the Data Center for Disaster Recovery sites.
- Ensure that all business as usual activities are handled through the Data Center Operations.
- Manage Data Center physical security and operating environment
- Manage regular data backup/ restore activities for all production systems and backup systems synchronization.
- Ensure that system and resource capacity planning is managed.
- Abide by the Policies and Procedures developed for maintaining the Information Security for the Data Centre Operations and shall take on active responsibilities in achieving, managing and maintaining the ISO 27001 standard.
- Lead a small team of System Operators
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive experience in a major bank or large corporate in a relevant data center role, with experience in backup, disaster recovery and support
- Bachelor/ Masters Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related subjects.
- Professional certification such as CDCP or similar is mandatory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience leading people and projects