Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Job Summary:
The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in protecting the Group's interests in particular in respect of litigation for and against the Group. Job Description:
- Creating new reports, charts and summarizing the reports as might be needed
- Updating the cases reports with the daily update submitted by law firms inside and outside Qatar (e.g. should be able to translate from Arabic to English when needed)
- Invoices and recovered amounts reports
- Coordinate for any required translation
- Monitor the number of cases handled by each law firm and recovery rate
- Carry out weekly review of the cases reports, highlight hearing dates in past or delay in filing new cases and share the report with the team to follow up with the external lawyers
- Maintain relationships with Qatar Public Prosecution, Qatar Police, Qatar Courts, QFC Courts, Qatar Central Bank as required for the administration of QCB/Court orders.
- Handling the original documents handover report
- Contribute to the review and revision of the existing policies and procedures for the local and international litigations.
- Assist the legal staff in the Litigation section in providing well-researched legal advice to all departments within the Group on matters relating to Group's transactions where applicable laws, regulations or facts are unclear and conflicting to ensure the Group's legal position is protected.
- Contribute to the preparation of the weekly, quarterly and annual returns for executive management on the activities of the Legal Department.
- General admin work
- University degree (preferably in Law)
- Must possess at least 2 years of experience performing the role of a paralegal as set out in this document.
- Thorough competence in operational issues relating to the processing of Court and QCB orders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred).
- Well-developed analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, eye for detail.
- Flexible team player and able to work and deliver under pressure.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV